Sun Mote Copse I heard the news today oh boy
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh's ears pricked when Towhee implied that she had met them too. It must have been recent, given the fact she felt that Towhee might've had something to say about those particular, peculiar wolves as well. Overall, Towhee seemed pretty relaxed, and didn't take to Niamh's rallying attitude, instead simply commenting about where she'd seen the Kingslend wolves. She didn't chuckle at her comment about the elk antlers, and she didn't even make a comment about the wolves being inbred. Her focus, it seemed, remained with the wolves moving through the Strath- a place which had nearly killed the wolves of Asterism Grove. 

-"They may have been passing through. Kind of on their way West. I tried to send 'em East, past the mountain so they wouldn't be anywhere near here, or the Strath,"- She said. That might get her a bit of Towhee's favour, if she admitted that she'd at least tried to roust them from her former packlands. 

Phox seemed to get where she was coming from, and she smiled fondly at his apology. She could forgive him, of course, for being busy- their caches had been decimated during the floods, so she reached out to nudge his cheek reassuringly, so that he knew that his job was important and that he ought not feel bad that he'd missed out on checking out these clowns as they passed by on their way to the King Elk Forest. She felt the dangerous serpent in her chest, which wound its way around her heart, swell and coil happily when her mate empathized about the potential for their hunting grounds to be compromised. 

"-I informed them  where our hunting grounds were, an' their King's response was just 'well we can't smell you here' like duh, no you can't, there was just a huge flood, helloooo,"- She shook her head. -"So if they're willing to ignore the fact that our scents were cleeearly there- especially in the glade- they may choose to hunt in our hunting grounds. An' considering how bad this summer was, I dunno, I got a feeling the winter's gonna be a rough one too. Since they don't eat elk, they'll be looking for deer."- She said. 

She breathed in a breath and sat back on her haunches a bit. -"There's no tellin' how they'll handle it when we go elk hunting, either. If they catch wind of us hunting elk, or find remnants of a kill we've made along with our scents, they might go bonkers on us. They may choose to interrupt our hunt, or they might harass us for having killed one of them. They think elk are some kind of deity, and I don't think they'll take it nicely if we go about eating them."- She said. There was potential for conflict, to be sure, on a few fronts.
Messages In This Thread
I heard the news today oh boy - by RIP Niamh - September 29, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by Towhee - September 30, 2020, 09:56 AM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by Phox - September 30, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 11:53 AM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by Towhee - October 01, 2020, 12:10 PM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by Phox - October 07, 2020, 06:00 PM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by RIP Niamh - October 11, 2020, 09:26 PM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by Towhee - October 12, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by Phox - October 15, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I heard the news today oh boy - by RIP Niamh - October 16, 2020, 03:23 PM