Moonspear dear god, hope you got the letter and
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Private 
// @Keres <3
Set for the 19th of November, sundown

This was something she had to do. Part of her wanted to tell Hydra as well, but she was afraid of what her mother would do, or would say. They weren't even fully finished learning how to hunt yet, and she knew that the dark wolf wouldn't approve of her decision. She'd likely be pinned down and confined to the den for the next four months, and she didn't think she could handle that again.

So she sought out the wolf she felt the most connected with. Keres was the only real reason she was hesitating, tonight. The girl sought out her aunt, following her trail, until she finally spotted her familiar silver figure a bit down the path.

"Aunt Keres," she greeted, trotting to catch up to the older woman. "Can I talk to you about something?"
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
<3!!!!

Her path this night was one well-worn by her paws, one that she had taken up around the setting of the sun each day. Since her experience away from the slopes of her home when she had spent over a week protecting the pale mother, Keres had found herself taking up the mantle of guardian, a calling that she would not have forseen for herself before now.

It was when she heard the pitter patter of young paws that the woman paused, turning her head to look back and see who was coming up behind her. A smile broke her maw when she spied the smaller look alike, tail waving behind her as she nuzzled Mintaka's cheek. Of course you can. You can always talk to me, you know that.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Mintaka hummed in contentment as she brushed against her aunt, pressing her muzzle alongside the older woman's before she pulled back, blue eyes meeting green. This was... serious, and she was pretty scared of what Keres would have to say. 

"I don't... fit in, here." That was pretty obvious. She wasn't like her siblings, or her mother. She'd never lived up to anyone's expectations, and she doubted she ever would. "I want to be somewhere that I can be myself. I know that mom won't like it, and I couldn't tell her because she would never let me go, but I'm leaving Moonspear." It was probably the firmest she'd ever been in a decision, even if her legs shook a bit when she said it.

"But I didn't want you to think it was because of anything you did. You've been... one of the only people I've ever met who doesn't make me feel like I'm weird, or bad, or disappointing." Keres was awesome, and she wanted to be sure her aunt knew that. "And I love you. I just can't stay here."
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Blindsided. A blow to her heart that she had no words for, mouth open as if she was going to speak and then clicking shut when nothing came out. A tail that slowly went still, falling against her hocks while her ears pressed back against her skull. The prickle of heat behind her eyes, a lump in her throat as she looked upon the little girl she had come to know and love. In a way, Mintaka reminded her of her daughters, now more than ever.

A memory, a sick little girl who had superhero powers and a love of stars and adventures. Their first meeting, one that the Ostrega woman would remember always, and now, just months later, the girl was looking to strike out on her own. Her reasons were understandable, though she knew that the girl was loved, fiercely so.

Her silence stretched too long, her lips pulling thin as she held the tears back; She would not guilt her into staying. This did not stop a choked voice, strangled in a throat that constricted too tight for many words just yet. Come here, She said, sweeping the girl into a hug with a paw slung over her shoulder, muzzle burying itself in the fur of her scruff. Nothing else was said, not yet, for all the love that the woman had for the girl was focused into this moment and no words could ever encompass such a feeling.
77 Posts
Ooc — Van
Mintaka hadn't really known what to expect from her aunt - anger, frustration, sadness. It was hard to try and sort through possible emotions that other people might have. Hard for her to understand them in general. But Keres didn't show any real negative reaction, and Mintaka leaned into her immediately, burrowing her face into the older woman's neck. 

"I'm sorry," she murmured, her own eyes burning with tears, and let out a shuddering breath. She didn't know what else to say, what might make it better. Really, she didn't know what to do. 

Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe she would end up regretting it. But there was no going back now.
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Sorry for the terrible wait. My life has gotten crazy with the holidays. Would you mind if we nudged this towards a close?

It is alright, The older woman murmured into the girl's fur, eyes squeezed shut for the moment. It was a terrible thing, to see family go, to see a daughter go, a niece go. A loved one go. Even when goodbyes were said and love was shared, it was a hard thing to live through. Walking her daughters to the borders all those years ago had been one of the hardest walks she'd ever made in her life.

You must tell your parents, Mintaka. Keres leaned back, looking to the girl with glistening evergreen eyes. Strong though she was, Keres had never been good with partings of family. After Mira's kidnapping, your parents would turn the world on its side to find you if they thought the same happened to you. Pleading was all she could do; the decision was Mintaka's, and Mintaka's alone.