Stone Circle I will (not) go pt.2
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been vast asleep. She slept the best curled against Greyback while the winds were raging outside. She felt so safe being protected by him. During the night, she thought she heard her name coming from his lips. Her ears twitched and she slowly lifted her head. To her it seemed like he was mumbling in his sleep. A soft smile turned on her lips, a sleepy soft smile. "I'm here, always," she whispered softly and licked his cheek lovingly.

The female curled up again, warm against his body. She often slept lightly these days, but Greyback mumbling things always woke her up in a good way. She was remembered he was dreaming and that the next morning he would wake. Valette closed her eyes happily because that was what Greyback brought her; happiness and so much love. She sank deeper into dreamland with the warmth of Greyback next to her.

What woke her up in the morning was the cold. A groggy frown came upon her face. Did Greyback leave for a patrol? She didn't like him outside in the cold, his coat was not what it had been. Though as she turned, she noticed that he was still there. She knew instantly. Her Greyback was no more. A tear rolled down her cheek looking at her mate. Valette studied his handsome face and let out a soft smile. "You can rest now, love, you deserve it."

Valette was proud to call Greyback her mate, and in her eyes he was still her mate. He was the one that never left her, always stayed by her side. She had been lucky with him. His death was so peaceful compared to all the others. She hoped hers would be as peaceful as his. Perhaps that was why she was not sobbing uncontrollably at the moment. She was happy for Greyback, and feeling blessed herself that she was able to stand by his side for so long.

Oh, but how she would miss him. She felt that not many knew the warm-hearted and silly side of the man. Or how he called her Lady Valette all through their first year of knowing her. Even though she had a soft smile on her face, tears were rolling down it as well. She loved him so deeply and it hurt that she was never able to talk or hold him again. She snuggled against his side but it wasn't the same. She pulled herself away from him with pain in her heart.

"I know you would never leave me," she whispered. She had seen him grow older. Valette had watched him struggle with age. She had been mentally preparing for this, secretly. She didn't believe her mate would hold out until spring. "Now I will just carry you in my heart until I will see you again." Valette swallowed thickly and then pulled herself from the den. She was met with cold wind tugging at her fur, a stark reminder that she was alone. That was when grief settled into her heart and she started to sob.

A shaky howl with grief echoed through Easthollow, calling for her family. @West Tyree @Polaris @Kove @Xan @Laurel @Merrit @Kallik @Ikiak @Zola
Messages In This Thread
I will (not) go pt.2 - by Greyback - December 28, 2020, 06:08 PM
RE: I will (not) go pt.2 - by RIP Valette - December 29, 2020, 04:26 AM
RE: I will (not) go pt.2 - by Zola - December 29, 2020, 10:54 AM
RE: I will (not) go pt.2 - by West Tyree - January 03, 2021, 01:51 PM
RE: I will (not) go pt.2 - by Laurel - January 05, 2021, 08:04 AM
RE: I will (not) go pt.2 - by RIP Valette - January 07, 2021, 02:14 PM