Hideaway Strath Let's move out of the darkness
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Moving thread! @Derg @Turmeric @Mulberry

Arlette had been deep in the chambers for more than a week, 10 days to be exact. The mother had been living in the darkness, and she was kind of done with it. Her children had been safe deep in the cavern system but she felt the need to move them. Derg and her could hardly fit in the small chamber together. She glanced at her mate. "I would like to move them to our den," she told him and sat up. "Though I don't want one to be left behind," she admitted and looked at him.

Maybe one of them could carry two, though when she looked at their little potatoes she figured that would be impossible. They were adorable their little ones. Now the pups were a week old and groomed often their coats were coming through, more nuances than just black or brown. "Should we call for help from someone?"
Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
He could see Arlette getting more restless day by day.
Their paradise in darkness was nice, but she hadn't left. Not really. So when she stood, he tilted his ears towards her and nodded. It was time for their young to see the sun.

"Aerin perhaps," he liked the fae-woman, plus she'd fit easily in the chambers and would be able to help see anything amiss with their children. She claimed to be a midwife after all and he didn't think Arlette was in the best state to give her judgement. But he knew if she had doubts she would have already called for help. 
Aerin though, she had a thing for Vein which was...strange to him. He didn't see anything in common with them two aside from their coats and their medical work and they both worshipped...Maybe they were more of a match than first glance let on.
Anyway, back to the task of baby removal.

Derg stood and nudged Tumeric, then ran his nose over to Mulberry. They were so soft. Thyme too, he pressed a soft kiss to his soon, then carefully stepped closer to kiss Arlette's cheek. They could do this.
|  •  •  |
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Little pp but I figured Derg would have told her

Arlette nodded slowly. Aerin had given her solid advise about her children, and perhaps it wouldn't be too bad to have the other medic check up on her children. Derg had told her while they spend time down here that Aerin and Vein were starting to become a thing. She was not sure if she liked that news. But Vein had been really knowledgable with the medical stuff, she just disliked how he carried himself at times. A know it all.

Arlette slowly got up. "I will howl for her," Arlette spoke. She was to a point that she dared to leave Derg alone with the pups. Not that she thought that he would hurt them but more because she was reluctant to leave them. She moved more to the mouth of the chambers and then howled for @Aerin. She would wait for her here to guide her to the back of the cave system, since she doubted the female would find it on her own. Once she would arrive Arlette would take her with her to the small cave chamber where her three little ones, and Derg, would be.
Loner
114 Posts
Ooc —
Life this far had been largely peaceful. He slept, he ate, he shuffled about. The little boy enjoyed exploring the different nooks around his mother and siblings but didn't stray much farther than that. There wasn't much farther to go, and instinct kept him close.

Today he felt the pokes and prods of his familiar keepers, and the boy Turmeric was fine with this - even accepted this, and cheerily obliged the gentle nudges to move his little legs where they needed to go - until mother's great warmth lifted and left, and, no matter where he shoved his little wolfish nose, Turmeric found her familiar comfort well departed.

A soft whine rose from his throat, like a child left in kindergarten for the very first time. And this was not unusual for the boy, or any pup. But in the darkness, something shifted on Turmeric's face. A gentle flutter, and in the moment of Arlette's departure, Turmeric opened his eyes and stared, blinking up with pale eyes at the shadows of his father for the very first time.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

Aerin popped her head out of the entrance of her den, where she'd been busy sorting and storing away some recently sun-dried herbs, not unlike a comical, pale weasel listening for predators nearby. She paused momentarily, just long enough to tuck the herbs safely into an old pelt until she could return, before slipping from the dwelling she shared with Vein and loping across Fireflower Glen's fields of blooming crimson towards the Chambers. She'd figured with Arlette and Derg being a little scant around the territory that the albino medic must have gone into labor -- some women did prefer to hide out and birth privately -- but she couldn't deny she felt a small wave of relief wash over her to hear the woman's voice. 

Excitement brewed, her heart racing as she slowed -- trotting up to where the scent trails led her to an entrance in the stone, where the scarred she-wolf waited for her. Despite how happy she was to meet Arlette's children, and how honored she felt being chosen to help, the midwife projected a calm air as she beamed a kind smile up at the young mother. "'ello again, Arlette. Is everything okay?" 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."