Dragoncrest Cliffs sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Chacal was in the know, so to speak; so when the call came, she knew to expect Njord to have come to their borders with Meerkat. But the first wolf she spotted in the distance was Sobo, meandering away with what she thought was a disappointed look on his face. She considered, for a moment, how he might feel differently. Sobo had grown up with his biological father, a wonderful man, and now, he had chosen someone to bring into his life. Sobo, Chacal felt, was in every way her full brother. They had the same mothers. But...She had to admit, in seeing him rove away, that perhaps he felt differently. 

She drew in a breath; Njord would need to know, but perhaps it was best coming from Sobo. She would approach her brother later to see if she could learn his feelings. Now was Njord's time to celebrate and she felt it would be inappropriate to go now, meet his chosen wife, and bring solemn news with her. She shook out her pelt and told herself to lose the negativity as she picked up a lope and roved over the hillside to meet them. 

She worried at first that some trace of worry might hang upon her features, but she felt that all fade away when she saw the way Njord stood alongside who she assumed was Meerkat, and the way her mother smiled approvingly of her. She had wondered off and on how her mothers felt- but not once had she sensed that they felt this was a loss. 

She moved first to Erzulie's side, moving slong her flank silkily like an affectionate cat before she moved forward to greet Njord, and then offer a gracious smile and bow of her head to Meerkat. She beamed. "So dis be her, ah?" She crooned, making sure to add a note of approval to her voice. "It be a pleasure to meet you, and let it be known,
that you are welcome here, in your new home."
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 08:11 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Njord - January 12, 2022, 04:32 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Erzulie - January 12, 2022, 05:19 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - January 12, 2022, 06:21 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Sobo - January 14, 2022, 01:56 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - January 16, 2022, 12:29 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 12:31 AM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Erzulie - February 03, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 03:17 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - February 12, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 13, 2022, 09:55 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - February 20, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 21, 2022, 10:00 AM