Redsand Canyon thought we'd build a dynasty forever couldn't shake
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Private 
Tags for reference. For Reyson.

She was feeling needy.

She absolutely despised the fact that she was being needy.

But The days were long—@Reyson was training from morning until night, and in the hours she knew he was preoccupied, she of course did her own duties—she would take @Tamar for rounds, showing her how to re-dress @Towhee’s wounds as best they could in hopes she woman would have a swift recovery. They attended @Keyni and her little one, who’s survival was still a lingering question.

And then she would prepare the plants and herbs she had collected over the weeks, for now, maintaining them in a small area she considered a safe place. But soon, she knew, she would need to create herself a den—and near that den, a medicinal den and site.

Reyson and his persistence had certainly thrown a wrench in there though—and her thoughts not only lingered on him quite often, but the fact she often fretted one burning question she knew she could never ask—would he one day come to Epoch, if this were to work? Or her to Mereo?

She hadn’t laid eyes on the lands of her beau’s pack, and so when red canyons and sharp spires caught her eyes from the borders she respectfully stood, so very hard to see in the dark of the late night, her breath hitched. It seemed so….

… Lonely?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't mind if she was needy. The girl he was courting, with her pretty eyes, and ice and autumn colors. He hated the thought of her walking to Akashingo, but when he was there, he'd relish it if she did come.

Reyson was constantly on the go as of late. By late evening he was bone tired and weary. This night he was tired, but he forced himself to head to the borders. He would go to Meadow's pack, exhausted and weary, but at least he'd see her for a brief pocket of time.

Reyson had too often thought of the fact of which pack they would go to, and he knew he would make the sacrifice, he was almost possible. Because here in Mereo, Meadow would wilt, and he didn't want that. But it felt too soon to be speaking on such things, and he didn't want her running scared. SHe was already entering into this with reservations.

Mereo was not a place for families. it was for soldiers. It was what had first interested Reyson in it's walls and it's familiarity. And now so ingrained he longed for more.

He forced one paw step in front of the other, when the blazing sun hit a tiny sillouhette on the horizon and he gave a bark of greeting, and pushed himself a little harder towards her.

Ice blue eyes met hers and he bent down to nudge her gently. You must have read my mind. I was gonna come and see you.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He met her at the borders before she could even call for him—of course he did.  

His icy gaze swept over her and her honeyed one warmed at the sight of him. A yawn escaped her— he too seemed exhausted, and as he greeted her, she curled herself into him, her muzzle tracing his collarbone, inhaling sharply and taking comfort in the scent of the warrior she had become far too attached to far too soon. 

I just wanted to see you, she explained quietly, closing her eyes as she pressed her cheek to his chest, listening quietly to his heartbeat. Reassured.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
She was upon him in a minute and he was surprised, but not unpleased. He lay his larger head along her side, tucking her tighter to his chest. One paw along side her other. Cradling her in a way, that he hoped felt safe and not forward.

He didn't wish to push his luck with her, and have her think he only wanted one thing when he didn't. Honestly.

I know what you mean. The last couple days have been torture really.

He gently preened at her shoulder, thoughts racing. You hungry or you just want to sit and chat. What would you like to do?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Food was the furthest thing from her mind, though she couldn’t recall when she last ate. Her appetite had always been small it seemed, perhaps from years of small meals and scavenging many times. 

Talk and sleep? Her voice hopeful, wanting nothing more than to fall asleep in his embrace tonight. In the morning he could go back to training and she would head home to her patients.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shifted and looked down at her, worried after her slight frame, but he would do what he could with what time he had. She wanted to talk, then they would talk.

He made a soft hmm in his throat. Where would you like to sleep and talk? I've no preference how far we go. But I do prefer to sleep outside of dens unless the weather is bad. But it's getting a bit cold for that.

He wondered briefly if the Imperator would have a fit if he were to allow Meadow past their borders. he made a mental not to ask if she could have free rein of his time and mereo when he wasn't working.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Wherever, she hummed quietly, muzzle still buried to his chest, unwilling to move for the moment. Outside is where I usually sleep.

She finally pulled back a bit, warm eyes seeking him as she looked upward. She didn’t want to distract him from his duties, if she was honest—and she certainly didn’t want him to become too tired spending late nights with her, especially if it affected his reaction time and focus. 

But he would be leaving soon to Akashingo and she wanted to steal another night or two curled up with him before he left.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson gave a soft chuckle to her words and her clear unwillingness to move. He brushed along her side again. Me too. Under trees.

He met her gaze with a twinkle in his own. He allowed it to shine. Usually he pushed the softer side of himself away, but Meadow wanted to see beneath the guard so to speak so he'd share.

As for the duties. He wasn't bothered. He was amazingly good at compartimentalizing when he absolutely needed too. It was what made him a good soldier. Did she still sneak in, certainly. Could he control it, usually.

He gently pressed against her and then motioned her to walk with him. If memory served there was a pretty little tree halfway between Mereo and Epoch. They could go there. They'd have to get up as the sun rose so he could walk her back, but he didn't mind.

What would you like to talk about? There's a tree up this way about halfway between. You know what I speak of?
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He guided her and she followed, feeling dead on her paws, so to speak. He spoke of a tree and she gave a slight nod—believing to know the one he spoke of, but as they got closer, she determined it was a different area than what she had thought of. It mattered little. 

Tell me how you’ve been? It was a start—she could think of a dozen things she wished to learn of him and more—but for now, she was content to simply be in the moment. Every so often she’d glance up, gaze catching upon the scarred man, wondering what it was that went through his mind.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was concerned at the lag in her paws. The way she seemed heavy with the tasks she was bearing. He knew it was no easy task to be a healer, and in a sense with Towhee, he had dropped more on her plate. A small slither of unease curled around his thought process and dug deep.

He would catch her looking at him every so often and he'd return the blazing look if he did. Other times, he'd allow her to peruse in quiet and without acknowledgement. There was much to get used to about the scarred warrior.

He settled to his haunches as they neared the tree and motioned for her to come closer. He'd preen what he could of her pelt, while he spoke.

I've been fine, albeit tired. I feel as if we are training more than usual. Probably because we have to train the crown prince. So our duties seem doubled.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He preened at her—eliciting a soft rumble from the petite she-wolf as she allowed herself to enjoy the attention. She would lean to him, every so often grazing her muzzle alongside his neck or chest, whatever was closest in the moment.

I don’t imagine having Towhee and Maxim leave your ranks has helped, she bummed quietly to him, though she felt the two were acclimating to Epoch quite well so far.

After a few moments of his attention she shifted, her own teeth now preening to him, coaxing him to get more comfortable and lay down so she could press upon some of his muscles, hoping to ease some of the ache she imaged he felt. Epoch is settling into a nice rhythm, she offered, gaging his reaction to such.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
She made a throaty noise and it shook him to his core. It was sweet and cute. He closed his eyes in brief bouts of pleasure when she would find his neck or his chest with her muzzle, and if she hit a scar. A low rumble would work from his own chest.

It hasn't been easy, but I wouldn't belay them this happiness. Towhee, has seemed like she wanted out of Mereo for sometime, and Maxim. Though he is a good soldier and a good friend. He is a father and he deserves peace. They will make wonderful teachers.

Reyson shifted and moved his body to a laying position, shifting so he could reach and she could reach and everyone was comfortable. It took some moving, but they were good.

Her next words, he wondered at their meaning. It was clear she wanted something, but of what he wasn't certain.

That makes sense to me. Epoch is a beautiful place and has many good wolves at the helm and within their ranks. I hope that it continues to settle and flourishes. It is a nice place to make a home.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Epoch has come far compared to the day I first met you,” she noted, a ghost of a smile hinted in her tone as she nuzzled closer to him, her nose seeking the sensitive area behind his ear, giving it a gentle but tired tug. “I plan to bring to Tamar the benefits of rekindling sisterhood between our packs, but I need to tell her about…. Us, first,” she hesitated, waiting for his reaction. Would he balk at her sharing their news?

Would he grow tired of her?

“I don’t want her to think I have ulterior motives in the matter.”
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled as he remembered their first meeting. It had been a little untrusting in the beginning and ended with porcupine quills in his face. But he wouldn't trade it now. He licked along his jaw where the scars remained, now covered in scars from the lynx, he probably looked like frankenstein honestly.

You can tell the whole damn world far as I'm concerned. I won't have you thinking i'd be ashamed to share that. Hell, i'd tell more wolves, if I had more wolves I talked too.

He ran a muzzle along her shoulder. Ulterior motives? Anyone who knows you, knows your sweet as can be and wouldn't think in that color.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her chest tightened—his admission he would shout it from the rooftop. She didn’t know what to make of that—did he mean it? He promised to show her over time, and she willed herself to be patient—to not simply flee from the inevitable heartbreak and cocoon herself with everything she knew she could trust and knew.

Because this was new territory for her, and as his muzzle grazed her shoulder, she all but purled in his embrace, stretching lightly, feeling her sleepiness grow.

“You seem so confident in who I am,” she murmured, her chin pressing to his outstretched forelimb now, curling in to him and allowing herself to be comforted by his warmth and size now.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson meant it, but he realized too late, that he was trying not to push her. That he was trying to move slowly. He suppose it had a lot to do with the fact that he hadn't cared about anyone in over a year, and that the one love he had, had perished in a terrible awful way. But he couldn't tell her that, he could tell no one, because it would be pity that would meet him and Renaud was never okay with pity. Celebration! He would crow from the top of his lungs, with tears streaming down his face when those hey cared for perished.

I am in what I have seen. You know yourself better than most. And I don't say that lightly. I have seen many wolves in my years Meadow. Had many beneath my command.

He curled his limbs tighter around her, curling his head to her side so she was as cocooned as she could be.

Get some sleep precious woman.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Maybe I’m a scrapper,” she huffed, though she teased. In truth, she fought only for the very aspects of things she felt mattered—and otherwise, if she were honest, she allowed herself to be bulldozed or cowed to the opinion and wants of others.

But not always. And it always seemed to surprise others when she did speak for what she felt right.

“A survivor, at the very least,” she sighed, eyes closing despite herself. Their time was little together—and soon would be even less. She wished to talk more, but she could feel the lull of a full day begin to pull at her. “You need sleep, too,” she hushed.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson smiled. The sight sharp in the dark, though it wasn't meant to be. Perhaps you are. I look forward to finding out all facets to your personality.

Though Reyson had gotten her measure when he first met her, it was a matter of survival to learn how he did of others. She had wanted to tell him now, but he had been able to sway her opinion. He needed to be careful he didn't do that now without meaning too.

That you are.

Reyson brushed her again. I'll go to sleep when you do. I Promise.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She chuckled—the words hollow as they escaped her. “Prepare to be disappointed,” she offered, cringing within as the words fell past her. She sighed, shifting, pulling slightly from him and keeping her eyes closed—she didn’t want to see his eyes upon her after those ugly words.

“Sleep,” she would interrupt, should he balk at her words. “I don’t think I could handle being responsible if you fell behind in your duties and ended up hurt because you're overtired.”
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson followed her and pulled her back if she'd comply, and buried his face in her ruff. Would say nothing in the wake of her words, because she wanted no words. She would prove herself wrong he hoped. And if she didn't, and it hurt. Well it would be worth it and there would be no regret at least none on his end.

I'm used to marching for days on no sleep, fighting days at a time. I assure you this is not tired as I have been. But I will sleep.

His voice muffled still buried in her ruff.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He pulled her closer—strong arms enveloping her, holding her and he seemed to sense she wished no longer to discuss her insecurities. A shaky breath escaped her, and she remained tangled in him, ignoring the fight or flight instinct that threatened to pull at her mind. Reyson was safe.

Safe, she determined, knowing he was anything but. Her heart was falling hard and fast. And she was so very convinced it would be a terrible end.

“Good night, my soldier,” she murmured, the emotion of the words raw in her voice, unable to speak on it anymore. Hopefully, come the very break of dawn when they would unfurl from one another, she would have a more restful sleep from his warmth, and would feel emotionally capable, rather than the wreck she currently had succumbed to.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,084 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson heard the shaky breath and if she was observant, she'd feel the thrum of his heavy heartbeat. Because he was unsure. There was no easy answers here. There was a well of hurt deep inside her, and he didn't know how to fix it or breach it, but he was sure gonna try. Though the more he thought about it, the more he realized it may destroy him in the end, would it still be worth it. Oh yes.

Good night. he spoke voice growing roughened, from the loll of sleep they were falling into. He would walk her to her pack in the morning, and return to his, his thoughts on anything and everything that had to do with her. He would do his patrols do what he needed.