Dragoncrest Cliffs A Gift Upon the Shore
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
747 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
First among those to show up were her two, seaside children. Curious but wary of the massive organic thing that had shown up on their beach overnight, and that lay there very, very still. She greeted them with encouraging nuzzles. "You may look, but don't eat just yet; we wait for more to come, so we enjoy it toget'er." She advised. She hoped they would take some time to study the creature. After all, it was not often that whales came this close, and could then be studied and identified. 

The next to come near was Rhaegal, and her eyes lit up. He kept his distance- whether it was because he feared she might be an overprotective mother or because the whale itself was something new. He'd grown up along the sea, but perhaps his crew had had different beliefs about whales being left upon the shore, though he looked more impressed than horrified. She uttered a quiet chuckle. "Don't be a stranger, Rhaegal- come closer an fit in; dose be my children, Etienne an' Suzu- an dey only bite a little bit." She joked. 

She contemplated that fact for a moment, before she turned to greet Mireille, whose natural humour made her laugh. "Aye, I slew de giant beast myself, it put up quite de battle- I caught it by de tail while I was out for my morning paddle," She joked with a laugh, and nuzzled her sister's shoulder gleefully. 

Their mother came to her other shoulder, and Chacal leaned kittenishly against her as well and nodded. "It be a blessing indeed; de sea gives to us an excellent autumn feed." The onset of winter had already begun to make the nights cold- this would be an excellent late-autumn bounty. She barked then, for her children to pause their investigating, and draw near, and motioned to Rhaegal as well. 

Any stragglers just making their way down to the beach would be welcomed when they joined them. 

"Dis be a whale, children, an' a very great one at dat.
It is our duty as wolves, to see it will not go to rot. 
De whale gave its life, an' den washed up on our banks,
It be a gift from de ocean, an' for dat we will give thanks."

She tilted her head back and howled, and at the same time let herself think thankful thoughts. She praised the ocean for sending such an offering to their shorelines, knowing it was no small miracle for them. She then looked to her sister, to see if she would have anything to add.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
A Gift Upon the Shore - by Chacal - November 08, 2022, 01:45 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Etienne - November 09, 2022, 09:50 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Suzu - November 10, 2022, 03:28 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Rhaegal - November 11, 2022, 11:18 AM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Mireille - November 12, 2022, 09:39 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Erzulie - November 12, 2022, 09:58 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Chacal - November 15, 2022, 11:30 AM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Etienne - November 15, 2022, 05:07 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Suzu - November 15, 2022, 05:41 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Njord - November 15, 2022, 05:50 PM
RE: A Gift Upon the Shore - by Erzulie - November 28, 2022, 08:41 PM