Lion Head Mesa Cause it’s all about you
83 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Looking for Ingram, but anyone else of Akashingo is welcome to join as well.

Sanguinex had left behind the woman — the one with the painted face. While her offer was plain, the man had known only one true leader in his lifetime. @Ingram

Basilica was gone, but the dreadfather was not. The white giant followed his scent to the place he had said he would go: Akashingo. If a place had been for him, perhaps one could be made for the deathbringer as well.

There, where the border began, he called for Ingram, hoping that he would hear.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
who came calling for the newest of Osiris?

his size reminded her of khaba. all else stopped there. you have come to akashingo, she drawled with a royal's voice. she did not say her title yet as she stood before him. her posture should have said all! the eyes that watched with trepidation at their meeting.

who was he? what did he want with ingram?
83 Posts
Ooc —
It was Ingram he sought, but another who came in his stead.

A woman, young and graceful. She was of no familiarity to him, yet she was still a sight a keen gaze should linger upon. But this was not why he was here.

Yes, I am aware. His voice was colder than he meant it to be, but so all the same. I have followed the trail of Ingram, a man I walked alongside in the place that was once Basilica. It has fallen, but him and I have not.

Now he wondered, what did this woman mean to Akashingo? To the dreadfather?
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
she should have brought khaba alongside, to have him strike the man. a cruel streak in the face of one who did not recognize her for what she was. for the divinity in her veins, pumping blood through her very core.

and do you mean to just visit? or do you mean to walk alongside him here too?

ingram was not who he must follow to stay. ingram did not get to pick who did and didn't walk alongside him within these halls.

she thought of the bidding of qiao warmly. belly aching with acid in her foul mood.
83 Posts
Ooc —
Jaw clenching, his posture shifted. He did not feel at ease here. Not as much as he thought he would have.

Ingram once gave me a home... a purpose. With Basilica gone, he is the only I know of to give me back what I once had. But perhaps, here, that would not be the case.

Upon the woman, Sanguinex stared, ears twitching softly. Would she offer to give him what he sought? Or maybe she would turn him away. Her words would be his answer.
godkiller; bleeding golden ichor
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
just a cameo for now. tag if you need him/me to be more involved! <3

he is summoned, recognizing the voice as the deathbringer; but the comfort the his once dagger would've brought to ingram settles simply like icy unease in his stomach.

threadbones tucked away, ingram makes his way to where sanguinex's call had risen.

but he is not the first to arrive.

the pharaoh has beaten him.

he hears only the last tidbit of exchange, seaglass gaze moving from pharaoh to the deathbringer as he lingers in the shadows of the distance. he is not hiding but does not stride forward, either. this is pharaoh's realm and the patronsaint is still very uncertain of his rocky place in these times of settling political upheaval.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
sold my soul for a cigarette
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
and he was in no place to give anything here!

her gaze fixed hard with a spine of steel. but it is i, pharaoh, who gives purpose and place in akashingo. let it be known now and if still decided to place ingram above her, she would send him away. toss the dogs on his heels and go back to her finer matters.

ingram lives now as a piece of Osiris. her chin tipped softly. but you have come with nothing.

not a name, not a gift, not a thing in sight except for his silver tongue.
83 Posts
Ooc —
Then give me purpose again. Words not meant as a command, but a plea. He could not live on without purpose and he did not see himself finding it anywhere but here.

She sought to know what he brought her. Was it not obvious? Ingram could have passed as warrior or visionary. Clearly, by this pharaoh's words, he had chosen to be visionary. Sanguinex could now take the place of the man's other half.

I can be warrior to you... protector or executioner — whichever you desire me most to be.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
beg, she thought. beg, he did.

you wish for purpose? then you will do as i command. guard in my silence and when i call upon you to shed blood, then do it with pride. and when she looked upon him now she dared to do so with a favorableness. that she might take this man and mold him in the eyes of a pharaoh.

you will become mazoi. learn from the men above you. learn from me, your pharaoh.

her nostrils flared with a deep breath of him.
83 Posts
Ooc —
Purpose he sought, and purpose she gave.

Bowing to others was not something he favored; but in this case, he made an exception. It was not low. Not as much so as he may see others give. But it was a start. His fresh start.

I am yours to command, pharaoh, A sharp breath, then, eyes lifting to steadily meet her own.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
last from me! :D <33

yet she turned her gaze from his own, not allowing him to see the depths of her lapis gaze. such a thing could come later! for now?

good. now go settle. she commanded as another body came ready to guide him. a fellahin, knowing where best to settle him for the time being. only know we stand in a time of mourning, do not outwardly think anyone might be giving a cold shoulder.

the only advice she had left to give. let the other mazoi or fellahin see to him now. her strides would carry her elsewhere.
83 Posts
Ooc —
Now accepted in this place, and a new purpose given, Sanguinex bowed curtly to the girl he would now know as his pharaoh.

Orders given, he would listen. It was time for him to get to know his place here. This was a territory vast—one in which he had never traveled before. Now he would do so.

When the girl would leave, he would follow suite, departing in his own direction to see what was left for him to see here.