Moonspear kinswoman
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 
set for tomorrow at dawn! figured he'd come to meet @Kannoyak first :D

"i will come again soon, when i have settled," chakliux had said to @Quennell as he gathered the things he had gotten in trade. he left with the boy a long goose feather and stepped from the healing ulaq into the growing light with a sigh.
"brother hunter!" he called out with a rich laugh. "i am ready to see this lodge, even if it is not ready to see me!"
it did not matter if it was not yet finished. chakliux would rather sleep in a half-built home than stay in that place of herbs.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The white hunter arrived swiftly. His large paws made quick work of the walk to the healing ulaq.

When Kannoyak arrived, he lowered his head and swaggered toward the seal hunter. It was good to know that his brother was stronger. It was good to know that he would be making his home in the lodge that the white man had worked to build. It needed only finishing touches to be complete. Kannoyak believed that Chakliux could share his thoughts on those pieces, after he had arrived.

Come, brother. This one will show you to your home. Is the warrior boy to join us when he has finished healing?

Kannoyak set his eyes on the boy he had met.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
sorry for another tag but looks like theyre gonna have a bro talk @Quennell LOL i will wait for u (shoot me a PM if not <33

kannoyak's stance was confident. chakliux was eager to see what the snow wolf had built. he slung his things more tightly around neck and shoulders, pulled the pelts across his spine. 
now his berrybright eyes reached for the one that kannoyak called warrior boy. it was fitting, for the young wolf fought harshly inside himself.
"yes," the seal hunter said. "i have offered warrior boy a place in our lodge. until he can hunt, he will help nasamik. he will be our little brother," he said warmly, looking to the sunset eyes of the hunter and then into the sober face of the healing child.
336 Posts
Ooc —
he did not like this day upon them.

his sleep had been fitful through the night. today he would ask whatever visiting healer came to give him something for it. especially now that his space would be empty.

had he cried while the seal hunter slept?

he would not say.

but now voices rose and it sounded as if he was underwater. only a flicker of pulling from his thoughts when seal hunter spoke little brother.

hm?

half strewn in a light poppy haze for the ailing pains.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Good.

Kannoyak saw no issue with the warrior boy being added to their family. They were crafting a future on the mountainside. Their bonds would prove to be important. The white hunter thought that starting with strong familial foundation would give them sturdy growth.

Kannoyak will visit you, little brother. Bring you fresh meat to grow strong.

The white hunter smiled at the sad boy. He could sense the storm inside Quennell. He knew it was there and he waited for the flash of lightning. The young man needed to release his hatred or it would consume him, bite by chunking bite.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
he did not think the boy was lucid. "we will come back, little storm," chakliux said, and then turned back to kannoyak with a grin.
"lead me now, brother."
he was ready to be gone from this place.
336 Posts
Ooc —
the time had come.

he watched with hazy eyes. it felt dreamlike to witness. the two white-furred men who called him little brother. they would go off arm in arm.

bearcurse would stay here.

burdened by his own dead weight and healing.

he thought he was reaching out to them, it felt like it, but his eyes were drooping.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The white hunter was pleased to take Chakliux away from the healing den. It would give the man strength to be in his lodge and with his wife. The healer’s work would be hastened by his freedom and by the comforts of a place that belonged only to him.

When the warrior boy was healed, he would join them. Their lodge would be a proud home with strong hunting men. Kannoyak felt his chest swell with pleasure.

You will be hunting soon, brother, the pale wolf reminded the seal hunter. He stalked along the mountain, leading Chakliux to their lodge.
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"soon," he grunted too, and then turned to follow kannoyak at a hobble.
the air of moonspear was sweet. he saw the mountain's ribs still covered with snow, and was eager for it, to heal before spring so he might map the places of the herds.
chakliux grinned in ecstasy at his hunting-brother, eyes flashing in joy to be finally settling at last.
336 Posts
Ooc —
last from quen!

he did not understand the first words.

his seal hunting brother uttered a single word.

the boy felt the harsh pull of sleep and wished to fight against it. perhaps he did in the soft aching kicks of his hind legs, but none of it mattered.

he was asleep again before he knew it.