Two Rivers Isle Rip Roaring and wild
-Some Women, fear the fire. Some women, just become it.-
228 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Sadey never went far from teh den Colt had found for them. She stayed near. Though today she walked towards the water. She smelled like Colt and heaven help her she hated it. The birch root he always chewed had sunk into her fur and it disgusted her.

So with a gentle step, she submerged herself in a shallow end, running cooling water across her head and ears and into her white fur. The scars upon her side showing up bold and pink. The others following suit, but she felt better. She found a patch of sun to lay out in and with a small little shuffle she settled and closed her eyes.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
some days later, the scent of wren was all but buried in colt's reek of blood and mud.
he had tried to wash the worst of it away, traipsing back to join sadey. "gettin' warm," he remarked. "i see yer scarce. best t'stay that way," briggs grunted, settling against the earth. "yew have an excuse to stick here," he went on. "i gotta go an' mingle w th'locals."
228 Posts
Ooc —
Sadey's nose wrinkled as her messmate came upon her and she opened gray eyes to stare him down. She appreciate that he had bathed some of that stench off, because whew boy.

Thank you for bathing. Yew stunk to high heaven, smelled like a swamp. What yew been doin' in a swamp?

She sighed and motioned him to put his big head closer to her. He had missed the back of his neck. If you don't be gross about it I'll clean the dirt on your neck. Where yew can't reach.

She meant nothing by it, but it was still just her and Colt against the world, which was honestly the most ridiculous thing to ever happen to her. She would have laughed her ass off months ago if you'd have told her one of her closest friends would become Colt Briggs.

Thanks so much for your sacrifice.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
her slate-stone eyes took him in, and colt knew that sadey saw all of him.
maybe that's why they'd never rolled together: mutual understanding that making this more than it was would change what they had, the easy intimacy and familiar cussing that came with running together so long.
"mighty obliged, miz walker," colt drawled, settling close and shutting his eyes a little. "miz adylaide had them pups, yew know."
228 Posts
Ooc —
IF it became more. It would cause upheaval in their dynamic and Colt Briggs well she wasn't certain he was the staying kind. And Sadey despite her wilder nature, she sort of was. And one of them would end up killing the other. It would be an ugly day in hell.

She began to get the swamp shit from his ruff. The taste gawd awful, but it was what it was there was water and mint for a reason.

Yes 4 of them. I heard them squalling. She didn't seem to have it easy for a first time mama if any of the screaming was to go by.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
colt grunted. it was none of his business, and stuff for womenfolk besides. "reckon i'll hunt somethin' fer her, leave it close." four of them! it was cause for celebration, if you were the celebrating type.
"yew given any more though to how long yew wanna stay?" he asked, not truly in a hurry now as his body grew languid and the days grew warmer.
228 Posts
Ooc —
Sadey tried not to pull too hard, but some of that stuff was pretty tight in his fur. IT was hard to get all of it, without a little yank.

she chuckled. Oh it don't matter to me none, but i'm startin' to get a bit lazy i noticed, putting on a few extra pounds where I didn't used to have any.

She liked it here well enough. IT was more peaceful than she was used too and she was waiting for another paw to drop, but it was nice not to be running for your life for a moment.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
"ow! woman!" colt seethed but made no move to pull away. he needed the combing, after all. "good. yew lay up an' get fat, sadey, lord knows yew of all deserve it."
a pang of guilt, rare for colt. had he denied her the chance at a family? but they'd still been on the run, lonesome snapping crazy besides. wasn't the time.
still.
"yew ain't said yew want to leave, sadey." it was a gentle observation.
228 Posts
Ooc —
She chuckled and soothed with a lick. She hadn't meant to harm him, this time. She was trying to be gentle.

Sadey laughed. I'd rather not lose the womanly figure, lord knows it's gotten yew fella's out of a bind a time or two now ain't it.

Yew know me Colt I go with the wind. Yew ready to leave yew jes tell ole Sadey and we'll get goin.
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
colt snickered but then settled. he laughed but hadn't the heart to tell her he didn't believe her.
not this time.
"hope lonesome, marston, gun, red, an' reno ended up together somehow." he snorted, as it was unlikely, but the idea of the gang together again had his hopes rising.
228 Posts
Ooc —
Sadey wasn't sure what to make of the new found feelings she had for this place, so she kept them to herself. There was nothing that she could say. She would go were he to ask, that was not a lie, but she would remember this place fondly.

She chuckled. Well lonesome despite she's touched, she's smart still. She'd find him or us, and you taught Marston well enough ole Colt. He'll find someone to be with. You sure you don't want to be lookin for them?
Ghost
554 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Trapper
Rogue
he shook his head. "reckon they'll turn up when they want to."
wasn't that the way of them all?
"gonna get some shut-eye, go huntin' when th'sun goes down. yer welcome to come along, of course," colt added, throwing her a lazy smirk before he turned away to find a tree deeper in the territory, beneath which he'd bed for an hour or so.