Ocean's Breath Plateau Hell hath no fury like a pup scorned
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
A lot had happened to Rolayne in his short life, though the most horrific, losing his mother at birth, he didn't even remember. All the adults around him made a huge deal out of it, but Rolayne's young mind just didn't seem to really understand it. 

What he did understand was that the only mother he had known had now left with his cousins back to the only pack he had known, and everyone acted like it was no big deal. This infuriated the young pup, and he didn't know how to deal with that either.

So, he didn't. But, he did act out. He longer listened to what any of the other said. They made no sense to him, and he stopped trying to understand it. The pup decided to simply do what he wanted. 

And what he wanted was to wreak the havoc he was feeling upon the packlands they stuck him in. 

At two and a half months old, Rolyane was hardly what anyone would consider a threat, even though he was husky for his size, and his thick puppy fur added to his size. But, he did what he could. He no longer slept inside the den, he liked it better outside. He learned where the caches were and raided them often, eating his fill every time. If some creature, big or small, happened to move within his sight, he chased them to his hearts desire. And his energy seemed endless. What he didn't know was that this could likely mean the adults had a harder time hunting since the prey would be on guard from this tiny demon. 

If there was nothing to chase and nothing to eat, he ran around the territory, looking for trouble. He would hound the adults, attempting to nip at their hocks, and jumping back in glee when they tried to reprimand him. He would run off before things got too escalated. 

He hadn't uttered a word since leaving Moonspear. He expressed himself instead using body language and any other sound from his throat. His brain simply moved too fast to form any kind of words his mouth could speak. 

Currently, he was sifting through one of those food caches, munching on whatever his teeth could grab onto and rip off. Little growls of determination and satisfaction flowed through his maw. He was covered in dirt and looked like a savage, unkempt gremlin since he refused to groom himself.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Though he understood and understood well. His son couldn't go around like a chaos gremlin and frankly Rodyn had enough. So it was with determination amd anger he went in search of his son and found him gorging himself on meat from a cache that had been meant for winter.

A soft growl left him and yellow eyes narrowed.

Rolayne! His voice firm but not loud and he stepped into view.

He watched his son with aware eyes. Watching for any small shift so he could grab him amd scruff him if he would need though he'd prefer not to do that.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The chaos gremlin was happily munching away at the stash of food. He wasn't paying attention to what was around him, as he hadn't learned that lesson just yet. He didn't know his Dad was nearby until he heard the stern voice say his name. 

Automatically, his head popped up, maw full of a chunk of meat. His ears perked, and his tail thumped once, as if this was a fun game. And the game was catch me if you can. 

Suddenly, his legs were propelling him from the shallow hole and away from his Dad, while his maw worked feverishly to chew and swallow the meat.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Not sure how you want to play out catching.

A wag of his tail. It was adorable, but this b3havior couldn't continue. So Rodyn watched with practiced eye of hunter while his son gamboled as if he had done nothing wrong.

He watched and waited and attempted at the right momwnt to dart forward and grasp his boy.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He can get caught, and we'll accept whatever punishment is given!

He was cocky, and assumed he would get away. But, his Dad was faster and smarter than he was and anticipated his escape. He may have been able to get a few steps in, but he felt the moment his freedom was taken.

The gremlin may have been captured, but that didn't mean he had given up. He squirmed, thrashing his head and body this way and that, flailing his legs in the air in an attempt to get away. Little snarls and growls were released from his throat as he put his whole weight behind trying to get released.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rolayne was young and fast and also a bit certain he could get away. Honestly Rodyn wasn't even sure if he could catch, but his years of hunting had helped.

Rolayne fought so hard, but Rodyn held fast. Finally the father let out a viscious growl that rumbled his chest and vibrated the boy. He couldn't speak past the fluff in his maw, but his displeasure would be known. Part of him hated it, because he disliked being a disciplinarian, but it needed done.

Rolayne was destroying caches, sometimes not finishing and making a glutton of himself. What if they needed tood and had none.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It took a few moments, but the growls from his father reverberated through his own body and stilled his thrashing. His protesting growls and snarls silenced themselves as his instincts took over. 

His fluffy body hung limp from the jaws of his father and he waited, almost in a trance, for what would happen next. He knew he was in trouble, but he wasn't sure what punishment would come. And whether he cared or not would remain to be seen.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Finally Rolayne was still. Rodyn settled him by his paws and bent his head to gaze at his son. Anger and disappointment in their yellow depths.

Rolayne. Those caches are for everyone. You eat to much or waste too much others go hungry. That is not a good thing.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
After a few moments, he was set on the ground and his eyes looked up into those of Dad's. He couldn't really understand the feelings behind them, though even his little puppy brain knew what the words meant — no more stealing from the caches. 

But, he could not match the intensity or the seriousness of his Dad, or the situation. Their faces were too close for Rolayne to let go of the opportunity to play. He opened his jaws and playfully snapped them at the air towards Rodyn's maw. He used his back legs to propel his body from the ground, turning at the same time to face Rodyn. Little puppy growls were released from his maw as his front legs waved in air in front of Dad.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn could no more deny his son the time to play with him than to stop breathing. He was still young. Not even 5 months old.

He sighed but moved hia body into a play bow with bright yellow eyes. A soft growl leaving his chest.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While getting caught in the act would not soon leave Rolayne's memory, it would be the play time that really stuck with him. While he was certainly on the wild side, and acting out as a result of being taken from what he considered his home, Rolayne still loved and adored his father. These play sessions would only serve to solidify those feelings.

He was delighted when his father went into a play bow and growled. Rolayne, generally unable to control his energy, turned out in an excited circle, barking his happiness. He bumped his nose against Rodyn's in a "tag" and then turned to run, assuming his father would chase him.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn knew aomewhere that hia son's had been given a great disservice. That as such some wiggle room was needed. But he hoped it would not have repercussions for the future.

Rodyn had to fight hard not to chuckle. As his son so energized ran in a circle. And he pulled it off barely.

A boop to his nose and he was off chasing the little autumn boy.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
We can fade here, or with your post, if you like :-)

Rolayne looked behind him to see if his Dad was chasing him, and sure enough, he was. It spurred the pup on. He was no where near as fast as Rodyn, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try to outrun him. 

He would continue to encourage his Dad to play until one of them were done. With a full belly and energy exhausted, he would likely need a long nap.