Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
Aside from @Mulherin, Masquerade hadn’t seen much of her younger siblings lately. She scaled the rise at midday and surveyed the frosty rise before tipping her head toward the snowy sky. She called for @Carrion, @Redsky and @Watcher, then lowered her snow-dusted muzzle and pricked her ears.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Sky heard Masq call him and he came at his other siblings call.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
The silence was deafening. Masque’s heart began to sink, though it immediately lifted when a swarthy figure appeared downhill. She was so glad to see Sky, the Caru began bouncing on her heels, long tail swinging. She resisted the urge to race toward him, instead letting him come to her.

When he closed the distance, she immediately began sniffing at him, head and tail raised. Where had he been? Masquerade hadn’t seen him in weeks. Had he been out and about, venturing in the wilderness? Or had he been here all along, simply laying low? The Caru tried to suss out this information from his scent.

The others are welcome to pop in anytime!
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Sky knew he'd been out and about for a bit so the sniffing from Masq wasn't quite unexpected but the way his sibling was sniffing him seemed more than usual so he was a bit concerned. "Everything ok?" He asked.

im not sure if theres something going on that im supposed to know abt so if so lmk plz
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Wherever he’d been, he smelled like home now. Masquerade made sure of that by pressing her flank against his, tail brushing against his shoulder. She turned and nudged his cheek, ears twitching at his query.

I just haven’t seen any of you as much lately, Masque replied, and we all went through a lot. How are you? Have you seen Carrion or Watcher?

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"Not for a while." Redsky said. "How are you, though?" He asked his sibling. They hadn't talked in a while. "Want to talk and hunt or something?" He suggested.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
His answer didn’t sit well with her, though Masquerade said nothing more on the subject of their siblings. Sky mentioned hunting, which lifted the corner of her mouth into a small smile. She nodded approvingly, tail waving.

Yeah, let’s find small game to catch for New Snow. Did you know she’s expecting pups? the Caru replied, motioning for her brother to fall into step as she led the way downhill.

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"I didn't know that but thats exciting for the Rise. New young is always good." The boy said and he followed his older sibling as they led the way.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Not always, the Caru mused, though she editorialized her thought by saying, It also means there will be more mouths to feed. And while she’s carrying them, then nursing them, we need to make sure New Snow gets plenty to eat.

They reached the foot of the rise and Masquerade set off toward the plain. There was all manner of small prey living among the grasses. Masque knew they could flush out a rabbit or maybe chase some weasels. She hoped they might come across something a little larger, though it was all up to chance.

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"thats true. There's plenty of hunters in the Rise though, we'll make sure no one goes hungry." Sky said. 

When they reached the grassy area, he parted his jaws to try and scent something out.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
They’d barely begun their scent work when something burst out of a swatch of longer grass. Masquerade quickly recovered from her startle and reared, jaws snapping at the tailfeathers of the fleeing pheasant. She didn’t actually expect to catch it, though her aim was true enough that her teeth snagged the broad sword of its tail.

Gravity did the rest of the work for her. As Masque dropped back onto all fours, she yanked the bird down with her. Its barred wings kept beating frantically, making it very difficult for the Caru to manage her grip. As loose feathers drifted in the air around them, the fine pinions slipped between her fangs and the creature freed itself.

She could only spring after it again and hope that perhaps Sky was close at hand to do the same.

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
When the bird escaped Masque's grasp, Sky launched himself at it and brought it down by its rear. He held it down as a flurry of feathers blocked his sight. He tried to find its neck but was struggling to see. He hoped Masque could get the kill done as he held it in place.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Bringing down the pheasant with Sky reminded her of some hunt of yore, when she and Redd had tangled with a goose. But the recollection was fleeting as the two of them dragged the bird to the ground and slew it after much screeching and beating of wings.

The Caru stood panting over their kill, the tip of her long tail wiggling as she caught her brother’s eye. It wasn’t often wolves managed to land this kind of prey, at least in her experience. When she caught her breath, she padded over to offer Sky a nudge.

We make a good team, she acknowledged. Why don’t you take this to New Snow for us? Even if there’s not that much meat, the feathers will be great for lining her whelping den.

After sorting out how to transport such an unwieldy carcass, Masquerade watched Sky depart back toward the rise. She didn’t follow, instead watching him until he disappeared into the distance before taking quick stock of her surroundings. The hunt had barely taken any time at all and there were many hours left in the day.

Deciding she would use them to continue searching for Sky’s litter mates, she drifted further afield from the rise.

Last from me! May they meet again someday. :)

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Sky grabbed the carcass and nodded. He brushed Masque’s chin gently with his head, before heading back to the Rise