Redhawk Caldera [m] spring breeze
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Sexual themes & teenage cringe

Over the week, Seal had established a sleeping place in the Everspring woods.

The night began like any other, and the young woman drifted off to sleep and began a lovely dream.

She was back in Muat-Riya! Dancing, drinking, cavorting…

Seal, a deep voice called to her.

She turned to see the red priest, @Senmut, beckoning her with an outstretched paw. They danced together! In life, her tail wagged as her heart thrummed like a bird’s.

Then, he began to lead her through the chambers… down upon a bed… a kiss! She was below him… and then…

Seal abruptly awoke from the dream and nearly hit her head on a low-hanging branch. It felt like her heart was inside of her stomach. She was so flustered, Seal quickly ran towards Shoalwater lake to take a cold shower.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget had intended to go back to sleep after being woken by nature’s call, but the sight of Seal rushing off changed her mind. She’d been trying to sort out the best way to share her knowledge ever since Seal came to join them, and had settled on taking a few forays into the surrounding lands for supplies. They could talk herbs and uses and the general trade that way.

Now seemed as good a time as any to check in! To see how she felt about that and to find out how she was settling in.

Bridget didn’t rush after her, but gave it a few moments, sensing she was on a mission. She wasn’t one to be easily put off but she also didn’t want to intrude if she was taking a shit or some other private happening.

Which is why she purposefully paused when she drew near, out of sight, but ears pricked for a response. Seal? It’s Bridget.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal practically jumped into the frozen water and waded up to her belly. Then, like an ostrich burying its head, she held her breath and submerged her face. The world was quiet beneath the gently lapping water; the cold like knives on her skin. A welcome distraction from the hot and steamy dream she had just experienced.

Seal felt… different… and just as soon as she had wanted to fling the thought of intimacy away, Seal felt herself trying to return to her dream. What were the details? It was so realistic… she could feel her fur, his touch, his…

Blurbub? Blurbub Blururub.

Seal heard someone’s voice. Was Brecheliant a pack full of mind readers? She had been found out!

The young pulled her face from the water and tried to play it cool. “Hi Bridget!” her voice squeaked.
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget cracked a small smile at the response. Sorry, if it's a bad time I can catch you later. I just wanted to talk about some training. She approached with an easy gait, pausing a yard or so from the edge of the water. This definitely wasn't how she'd expected to find Seal, especially after a dash like that. Did she somehow roll in a hive of fire ants? Nah... too early in the season for that.

You alright? She seemed alright, so there was more casual curiosity than concern behind the question. She wasn't about to give Seal the third degree, but conveniently, checking up on how she was settling in was part of the goal here too! And at the moment she seemed to be settling in quite swimmingly. Gottem.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
“Oh, training! Yes.” Seal acknowledged as she waded back to the shore, dripping wet. Finally, the chill had caught up to her and the young woman began to shiver.

I’mfine,” she blurted. Seal used every iota of willpower to get her body to cease quivering – to show Bridget that, yes, everything was okay. Toooottallllyyy normal.

Not exactly a witty wolf, Seal could conjure no excuse for her odd behavior. Instead, she merely tried to force the subject on training to shine the spotlight elsewhere.

“I’m verrae excited tae learn from you,”
Seal gushed. “Teya told me you ken medicine?”
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mhm. Bridget didn’t hide her skepticism, or the playful look in her expression, but she let the subject drop and moved on. She wasn’t here to harass Seal or to press her into confiding. If she knew kids, they usually spilled it anyway, just not with those they didn’t trust. She was still a relative stranger.

I know a fair bit! I know you were wanting to learn, and I figure we could start with some herblore, once the flowers come. It should be soon. They could start earlier with spoken lessons, but that depended on Seal and her own preferences learning. Bridget had hated learning theoretically at that age. In practice was way easier.
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Despite Bridget’s suspicions, Seal was offered a pass (that she gladly took).

Herblore! Yes! A subject Seal knew something about.

“That’d be gran!” Seal gushed as her demeanor changed. She recalled the memory of Dinah’s tour of all the island flora and how interesting it had all been.

“I ken a few plants,” she explained. Seal’s tone was sincere and she did her best not to boast.

“Bridget, do you ‘av an…. um… specialty?”
she inquired. “Like, a type of illness or practice you like tae focus on.”
Brecheliant
Family
801 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Bridget hadn’t really noticed it before, but there were aspects of Seal’s way of speaking that reminded her vaguely of home. Not directly, but certain sounds were reminiscent of the stories her father would tell, on occasion, of gods and fae and other things. More often than not it had been meant to scare her into behaving, but the fact that she remembered the stories so fondly showed how well it (hadn’t) worked.

She asked a good question. I’m honestly not sure! It’s all so different, but still the same. The part I like is the helping, but it is easier when there isn’t actual danger involved. It was a little bit of a cheat, but she appreciated not losing her patients.

If I had to pick a favorite, though? I think I’d have to go with counseling. It’s less formal, and not really something you can measure. But it’s some of the most interesting because of that. Everyone is so different. She never knew if she should even consider it medicine, though it sure seemed to have an effect similar to illness at times.

It was possible Seal was only interested in the physical side of healing, which would be perfectly fine. Bridget’s lessons in the other had been piecemeal, and a lot of what she knew she’d picked up over time. She wasn’t the most qualified teacher, but if Seal wanted to learn, it would sure be fun to try.