Moonglow
Delta
writing letters addressed to the fire
703 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Read Only 
Without any delays, Ariadne headed straight to the glacier, walking all night and into the early morning. Her walks along this path had made it a second nature to her, knowing every twist and turn like the back of her paw.

Even though she had no idea of what was waiting for her on the glacier, she was adamant about getting there in record time. Keeping her head low, she increased her speed until she reached the top of the glacier. As the sun began its ascent, casting a palette of pastel hues across the sky, she paused to sit and admire the view. Although she didn't believe this was the main purpose of her return, she still took time to enjoy the view, as she had plenty to time to do so. 

She started to sense a presence behind her and quickly looked back to check her surroundings. Initially, everything seemed ordinary, but it wasn't long before she noticed a barred owl perched in a nearby tree, gazing directly at her. Turning towards it, she met its gaze with a steady stare. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was something special about this owl that she couldn't ignore, and so she waited for it to speak first—and eventually it did! 

You have come a long way to reach this place, it noted. 

I am sure you have, too, she countered. 

With a sigh, the old owl shook its head and remarked, I see I'll have my wings full with you, won't I? 

She hesitated and remained silent, not knowing what to say.

You have faced many challenges lately, and I am here to offer my assistance. Moon-Owl is my name, the entity shared. You are the only one with the ability to perceive me, and while I won't appear frequently, I will be here to help you when you require it the most.

Moon-Owl swiftly waved its wings and vanished instantly, seemingly to prove a point. 

Left to her own devices, Ariadne was filled with even greater confusion as she attempted to locate Moon-Owl. When she couldn't find him, she sunk to the ground, questioning the events that'd just unfolded.