Two Eyes Cenote tyet
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
the scent of lake water followed nazli as she made her rounds from altar to altar. she thought it was certainly a trick of her mind, a memory of her horrible time among the Greatwater wolves, nothing more.

the previous foray in to the meadow, where she had been stalked, was not far from her mind either; but she focused on her work, at least for a while.

reeds and dried flowers, crushed now, were wedged against a wide flat stone, where they became a fragrant paste.

whatever it was she worked on, nazli was engrossed.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
nazli was changing.

tavina sensed it as any mother might; she had already returned from the moontide excursion aglow. and the sesh, too, felt she understood this.

the young priestess was taken by her work. tavina cleared her throat loudly as she came up beside the left. "more painting?"
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
more painting?
nazli looked up, seeing and smiling at tavina in a distracted manner, but she eventually nodded and glanced down at the paste.
i sometimes dream of a blue muat-riya, which was odd but true, and it wasn't until she said it aloud that she noticed how silly it sounded—a little nervous laugh slipping from her.
how are you, miss tee? when was the last time she asked?
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
nala's joyed face filled tavina's mind.

"i'm well. anticipating a new gaggle of royal kids," the sesh answered, considering now how long it had been since the laughter of little ones had filled the red halls.

"blue is a beautiful shade. perhaps we could decorate to your liking." she enjoyed being near nazli, it had been a while, and she had time yet.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
nazli smiles as she grinds some more of the dried ingredients against the stone.
her mind wanders. she thinks of rodyn of moontide, and the sea, and the sand where she and senmut had been together. the feeling of him. them, together. cold and shocking and warm and — swiftly her thoughts focused upon what she had said to the man of that village.
her work pauses.

do you think— she begins to ask something, but the words catch in her throat where they burn, and briefly nazli feels like she is her old curious girl-self. she shakes her head, still smiling, and moves the paint-paste to a shelf. oh, nevermind.

the hemet knows her role by now, she does not want to disrupt anything even if her heart desires something new or different; but then she hears khusobek in her memory—what is it you want?
she tidies something on the shelf, moves to another, goes to a plinth nearby and then back to where tavina is standing. here! ah, i was -- briefly, away from muat-riya and found some things that might be useful to you.

she presents a bundle of herbs, grasses, flowers, from the meadow. laying them carefully upon the small plinth jutting from the wall, so that tavina can inspect them. perhaps she knows of what they are? or they might be new to muat-riya entirely. nazli looks on with a distracted sort of hope.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"tell me!" tavina encouraged with a light little smirk, before she took the proffered bundle and opened it with gentle movements.

"sea lavender. salt gentian. ocean mallow," the sesh pointed out, inhaling the lovely floral fragrance of each. "oh, nazli. and they're so well-preserved!" tavina exclaimed, looking with deep praise at her ward, her daughter.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

593 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
tavina was happy with the gifts, which brought confidence to nazli.
ah, she finishes arranging some of the dried flowers and things for tavina, building a pochette for her to carry with bits and pieces, while the rest could be gathered and moved to her own collections.
i was going to say, ah... do you think i would be a -- a good mother? i mean, i'm not expecting or anything, she was hasty to correct herself, to make it known in case this brought ideas to tavina's mind.
i know i cannot, because that's what the healer's circle discovered. and -- well, i am hemet so, it would have gone against tradition, and taken her attention away from the divinities she was meant to listen to, and to serve.
i've been thinking a lot about it lately. being a mother. i suppose. and you're like my mother, miss tee. you would know best, because you're so good at it.
she felt like a foolish child suddenly!