Ocean's Breath Plateau Don’t close your eyes.
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
All Welcome 
All welcome to anyone in Moontide’s borders. Maybe someone she hasn’t met?

This evening, as the blue sky paled, making way for the blush of the evening, Raindrop had a bout of restlessness, which was not normal for her.  Yes, she liked to wander, but this was not a matter of the need to wander. With heavy breaths she emerged from the den, looking for some sort of respite from whatever this feeling was.

Perhaps it was thirst, and the pond she’d made her way to, in the east, ‘bout a mile from the den, would help satisfy it. 

She bent down to drink, lapping up the cool pond water, it tasted good, and while it felt refreshing, it still did not quench what she’d hoped it would. The next thing she decided to try was more walking. Her stomach felt heavy, with life, life that would soon be ready to come earthside, and how quick the time had neared. She could feel, physically, that they were beginning to become restless theirselves. This must be the cause, it had to be. She walked back towards the den, backtracking the way she came.

The world was quiet, nothing but the ocean’s breeze blowing her cheek fur, the frogs and crickets, the nightly chorus of creatures beginning their performance.
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
493 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Dutch found himself just as busy as he had been on the mountain, only this time he was fueled by frenetic joy rather than stress and worry. He'd spent much of his time chasing Simbelmyne through the woods or catching up with @Chakliux — and, of course, bringing meals and soft furs to @Minnow's den.

Being around the heavily pregnant woman had turned his thoughts toward his mother, and toward the brother she'd found for him in @Sumac. And, of course, he could not think of Sumac without thinking of his pregnant wife. So he searched out the other man's scent and instead found who he thought must be the woman herself.

"Shaanti ho!" he called out to her, hoping to halt her while he caught up. He picked up the bundle he'd been carrying and hurried to close the distance, his tail wheeling in glad excitement. The bundle — soft rabbit fur cradling a trio of grouse eggs — was set carefully down between them so that he could speak.

"You must be Raindrop," he said, a bright warmth in his eyes as they swept the woman up and down. "My name is Dutch — Arjun, if you like. Sumac spoke of you, and I have been looking forward to meeting you ever since."
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She turned her head to a voice behind her, a voice that was kind, pleasant, though she did not know the words spoken, it seemed to be a greeting. As she stopped, and he neared, catching up, she looked to him, a man covered in brown and cream colors. “Good evening!” She smiled, almost surprised. He knew her name, then told his. Dutch Arjun, was his name, he mentioned her husband, that he’d told him of her. 

She was flattered, that someone had been looking forward to meeting her. “Well then, Dutch. You now have the chance. I am Raindrop”, and it is a pleasure, I’m sure.” She confirmed, “How is it you know my husband?” She inquired, in a curious way.

Eee, Dutch!
Active weekdays: 
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
493 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Dutch laughed, delighted to find Raindrop so cheerful and outgoing. "Certainly," he agreed, "I am greatly pleased to meet you at last."

As for how he knew Sumac — the panther was still not quite sure how much he ought to say. He settled for what he'd said to Rodyn: "You husband is a brother to me," he said to her. He saw fit to explain a little further: "Through my mother. She loves him dearly, and she asked that we look after one another. And if he is my family, then you must surely be as well. So this — " he placed his paw gently over the bundle " — is for you. Grouse eggs, to help your children grow strong."

Not that she seemed to need it! She was as round as Minnow, and Dutch found himself hoping that they could be come fast friends. He wanted to be allowed in to see her and Sumac's children as soon as he could!

"I will carry it for you," he declared. "If you will tell me a little more about yourself on the way?"
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
A brother to Sumac, this was a surprise. Raindrop couldn’t help but already feel a kinship to the man, he was kind, generous, a heart of gold, like Sumac’s. The two would talk more as they made their way back to the den, and she walked by him, falling side by side. “I would quite like that, thank you, very much.”

A brother, family. Her expression was soft, but inside she had questions, yet she decided she wouldn’t press too many on him, keep the air light around them. “Your words are too kind, Dutch. I see Sumac in you, he too is kind, generous. I am blessed to have Sumac as my husband, the father of these children.”

“Tell me, Dutch, do you plan to live here? Or are you passing through?” 
Active weekdays: 
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
493 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
It was not far to the den, the location of which Dutch was pleased to take note of. He would know exactly where to find them, next time! It made up for not actually learning anything new about her — he supposed he'd put her on the spot with that suggestion, anyway.

"I am sure he sees himself as equally blessed," Dutch replied, his tail whisking. "Is this your first time as a mother?" he asked her, turning to admire the construction of the den. He didn't draw too near, wishing to respect her and Sumac's space, but his interest was clear. He and Simbelmyne would need to work on their own very soon, after all.

Raindrop's question brought a bright smile to his face.

"We have settled quite close," he told her, pointing his nose toward the deepwood. "In the forest, just inland of the seal hunter village. My wife and I hope to welcome our own children quite soon. And my cousin, Minnow — she's due any day now." It looked to him like the two litters might share a birthday — wouldn't that be something?
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
“It is.” She answered openly, “I am excited, but I’m not quite sure what to expect, besides their coming.” 

He answered her question, and she was please to hear his answer. Her and Sumac’s children would have family, this made her very happy. “That is wonderful. It pleases me to know that there will be family, especially for Sumac.” Her voice was soft, gentle. She wondered to herself if Dutch knew about ‘Mac’s past, his loss of family, his natal home. This could come up another time. “Perhaps, after the children have arrived, I may meet your wife. Does your cousin live close?”

She watched Dutch as he admired the construction of the den. 
“I’ve been working hard on it, and with the nearing due date, I’ve grown restless, and so have they.”
Active weekdays: 
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
493 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Raindrop's words were received with the gravity they deserved; the panther dipped his head in solemn acknowledgement; it was important for whatever family was available to gather around Sumac in this time. He felt it was important for Raindrop as well, and he thought to ask — "Do you have other family nearby?"

He made sure to say other, for she was a kind of sister to him now as well.

Of Minnow, he said, "Yes. She lives among us." Another woman who was in tragic need of family. Delicately, he told her, "I am sure she will welcome your friendship, when travel becomes available to you and her again. As for my wife — I will bring her the next time I visit, if you do not mind. I am sure she will be just as excited to see the new children you bring into the world."
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
224 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He responded solemnly to her words. He then had asked if she’d had family, and she gave a shake of her head, “No, I lost them, my home. I come from another place. About a year ago, I woke up here, in this new land, not knowing where I was. But, I don’t feel alone anymore. I have friends that I have met from my traveling day, family I have found, and the ones I will create.”

Truthfully, she was happy, and everything seemed right. She wouldn’t change it, what she had now. Dutch then answered her question regarding his cousin and wife. He delicately told Raindrop that friendship would be accepted, and this made Raindrop eager to meet his cousin. “That would be wonderful. And I thank you, for everything. She replied, addressing both of what he’d said. “I wouldn’t mind at all, I look forward to it.” She chuckled.

She felt the need for rest, and she looked to Dutch, “This has been a pleasure, but I feel I must rest. The time will be here soon.” And she would crawl into her den, to relax, to prepare.

Thank you for the thread mixed. <3 Always fun!
Active weekdays: