Ocean's Breath Plateau forget my jealousy
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
Joining 

sand bled into the waters.

but the sand connected to stone, to seaside grass. it smelled of potential to a young man cast aside from familial ties. he did not dwell on it long.

his head tipped back and he called for those who ruled.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was on the borders as he so often was. And his gaze fell upon the hulking figure before the boy howled. But then he howled too and he walked towards him with purpose.

This one was larger than Rodyn was himself, and that was a feat within itself. A good hunter. Good stock. He wondered where he came from. Painted in colors like mountain winters. But would he be happy on the sea?

A soft tilt of his head as he approached. You've found Moontide. I'm Rodyn Ardeth. Alpha. What can I help you with?

And then he stood easily, neutral. The boy hadn't crossed the borders. So he would not be a threatening presence.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
he was pleased by the man who answered. large and healthy, clearly the ruler by looks alone. only confirmed by the bearish man’s words.

i am urs, he offered only a polite dip of his broad skull to respect the man’s authority. he did not think he need grovel upon the ground for this.

i have separated from my family. i wish to settle here.

all young men must make this choice.

think urs like in “ursus” if that helps! i need to put it on his profile still haha
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had never understood the blatant groveling that some wolves did to leaders. If you were respectful he saw no reason to lay prone upon the dirt for the inspection of someone who truly didn't know you.

Well Met Urs.

he listened. SO this one much like he had around his age left his family behind. Rodyn wondered if his family had chased him out as his father had done. or if he had dispersed on his own.

So I can find a place foryou among our ranks. What are some of your skills?
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
i wish to guard this home and hunt its claims.

for he knew very little outside of those kinds of tasks. his world had been small before here despite the large scale of traveling he had done to arrive.

have you use for such?

he did not expect to be declined, for while the summer season still rode high it would soon be time to settle winter. the cold season always begged for more loyal teeth.

but perhaps this man’s stronghold was already comfortable.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
So he was a guardian and a hunter. A glimmer of appreciation leapt into the dark man's eyes. He always held those in high regard who hunted.

We do. We are a pack of hunters and traders. But we do guard our borders well. We are sister village to moon villages. Moonglow, Moonspear. Welcome to Moontide.
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
a sister village.

there was some glimmer of interest in his youthful gaze before he spoke on it. what is it to be sister village? clearly connected somehow, but in what ways? all marked by the moon?

he was prepared to step over borders now that he felt welcomed. yet he remained respectful enough to not move beyond the man who had accepted him.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded his head. Moonspear and Moontide were formed by sisters. Sialuk of Moonspear and my late wife Samani. Their mother and father are the matriarch and patriarch of Moonglow. We share kills and traditions. They may come here, we can go there. We help each other.

Rodyn moved to allow the younger man to follow him. As he pointed out landmarks and caches. WE have a seal hunter lodge in our center, Chakliux. You are welcome to settle there or there are some other dens further away, but still close to our center.
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
where urs had been cut free of family, it seemed these moon villages only expanded it. claims scattered along that might still hold one another in regards.

he could not picture it where he had come from, but it was not so terrible a thing surely.

i will not take a lodge. his head shook softly. i prefer to be in the open. he was sure that if the weather became too terrible he might find a cluster of stones to lean his back against.

is a seal hunter man a tradition of the moon villages?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
The moon villages were about family, but they each held their own regard as well. Sialuk was more of a spirtual village, Moonglow one of hunters and family and matchmakers and healers. Moontide hunters and guardians.

I know many like that. You will find cover should you need it. Be warned storms can be more treacherous along the shores.

He shook his head. No they are their own. Traditions Chakliux brought with him. I will not lie and say I know much of them. But I respect him to have his own ways.
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
he wondered what it might be like. would a storm of the shore rival that of one between stone and valleys? only one way to find out.

it was not his place to muddy waters when it came to likes of respect and tradition. at least not now. he only offered a grunt of acknowledgement, content to leave it at that.

we will hunt together soon? you and i?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
He didn't understand the Seal Hunter's ways fully and they were not for him. But he also still respected the man himself. How he managed so many wives and didn't hurt one. Though Rodyn couldn't understand.

Rodyn gave a sharp toothed smile. Anytime. I love a good hunt. You just call me and as long as I am available we will hunt.
Moontide
Warrior
11 Posts
Ooc — siv
his features turned with a boyish warmth now. excited to be allowed the honor of hunting along the leader of this place. it was a sign of trust, surely!

it will be soon. he promised warmly.

yet for now he intended to mark out some areas on his own. add his scent to those markers of who lingered here.

he felt he had rightfully spotted the potential here.

fade? and i can toss up something for hunting soon!
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn trusted easier than most of his counterparts. And this young man needed a home. He made a mental note to tell Moonwoman of him. For she liked toknow of many new young ones.

Very well.

Rodyn would let him to find a place to stay. To learn his way around without the leader hovering about him.

Sure thank you!