Phoenix Maplewood Bad news, good news
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Desna's eyes fell on the shocked dark male. He seemed pretty shocked by the news. Desna had been quite in distress too but now her mother had been sick for a while and seeing her not getting better had also dimmed down her hope. She expected the strong male to say something. Desna waited for him to say something but it never came he just looked down at his paws. Desna was just a teenager, having not met that many males yet. She didn't realize that this young male had been interested in her mother. Desna just thought that he was a friend. "I'm sorry," she whispered again, her ears falling back, like this was somehow her fault. Desna tried to remind herself that her mother had been an adult. Even adult wolves couldn't handle a cougar alone.

Mason's movements distracted her. He wanted her to follow him? Desna blinked for a moment. She stepped towards the side but looked over her shoulder at the dark colored male. He seemed so sad. She stopped where Mason stopped, they were still a little distance away. The girl had stepped over the border, confident they weren't going to hurt her. Desna was still adventurous and sometimes a bit reckless. And she couldn't see how a scent would protect her body. "No, we don't. I can hunt," she stated. She was pretty keen on wrapping up her trade soon and start to specialize in further techniques. "I mean, It is nicely offered Mason," she corrected herself. She sometimes had a bossy knack but she never meant it with a bad intention. "It is okay, truly. I appreciate that you offered help to me. If I ever need help I know I can come to Silvertip Mountain," she returned.

Her hazel eyes fell in his orange eyes before she quickly looked away. Mason was really nice, and close to her age too. Densa then turned to Steady. "Is he going to be okay? I guess my mother had quite an impact on him...," she stated, not truly getting the scope of her words. Desna wondered if she would tell her mother about Steady that she had the fight to get to her feet. But the teenager just knew her mother had lost her fight. Desna and her sisters were almost adults. The whole separation from her father had taken quite a lot on her mother and apparently before all that happened her mother didn't have such a nice life. "This sounds terrible but with mama being so weak you almost want her to find that rest," she admitted to Mason. "I think that is also good advise if you want to be a caregiver. Find the right balance when to give more and when to let go. Our healer Reek is set on saving my mother but her willpower died out, I watch her often and I have the feeling that she doesn't want his help. It is also enough for her and if that is what she wants then I will have to accept that," she ended in a whisper. "In the hope that she will be happy."

Desna sat down and looked at Mason, surprised by her own words because she just realized that she might be okay if her mother would leave her. "You know... Thank you. Thank you for listening and offering help. It might be the best remedy for now. I can see why mother would be friends with special wolves like you," she spoke with a sadden smile, a grateful one though. She figured that Mason also knew her mother. She was going to remember Silvertip Mountain as friends of her family.
Messages In This Thread
Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 10, 2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 11, 2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 11, 2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 11, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 12, 2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 12, 2016, 06:39 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 12, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 13, 2016, 05:10 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by RIP Valette - January 13, 2016, 11:59 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Steady - January 15, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: Bad news, good news - by Mason - January 15, 2016, 11:16 AM