Firefly Glen the old haunt
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I think the same!" Leta answered, and Osiris smiled. They continued to stay on the same page, sharing similar thoughts—he was enjoying her company the more that they were together. Leta then went on to reveal the reason behind her less than brave feelings, and Osiris listened. "I'm sorry that that happened to you," he said. "It couldn't have been easy growing up like that." Seldom did Osiris sympathize with non-family members, but there was something different about Leta. "But, I'm sure that you've gone out and explored, it will become easier, now," he drawled, drawing his tongue across his chops. Perhaps Osiris needed to branch out and face his fears, too. 

Although Osiris' expression remained neutral, he was thrilled that Leta had agreed to his offer of help. "No, we can't," Osiris decided. "We have to do what we can to keep them safe, and I have no doubt in our ability to do so," he added with a wave of his tail. 

When Leta sat, Osiris followed suit. He could feel her pelt brush against his, and he found himself unable to focus on anything else. Osiris came-to as Leta motioned overhead and began to describe her father's constellation. "Yeah!" he replied once he found the cluster of stars. The mention of exile was a term that Osiris had only learned recently, and his ears flattened as she explained the situation. "Is he the leader of your pack?" he asked. 

Leta's description of the fireflies brought a smile to Osiris' face, and he nodded in agreement. "I never thought of them like little stars, but you're right," he drawled, his eyes searching the night sky to find a firefly. "I never met him," he said, as a nearby firefly twinkled in and out of existence. "But he and my grandmother, Amekaze, found Moonspear a long time ago—joining their respective packs to make a new one. They were both strong leaders, and helped raise my mother, Hydra, to be the leader she is today." Without their combined efforts, Moonspear wouldn't have been as successful as it was. "I was told that he was a proud man..." he drawled, returning his gaze to Leta; Osiris knew of the events surrounding Charon's death, but decided not to share for now. "And that he was very fond of this territory—he considered it an extension of Moonspear." 

"I hope that one day, my legacy is as successful as his." he added after a pause.
Messages In This Thread
the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 14, 2020, 01:11 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 15, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 08:26 AM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 12:58 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 01:13 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 01:34 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 18, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Leta - May 18, 2020, 03:14 PM
RE: the old haunt - by Osiris’s Ghost - May 19, 2020, 01:46 PM