Dragoncrest Cliffs Blue Wind
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The amusement on Merlin’s face shifted into sincere concern, and Njord knew he had a good friend in the russet man. “I was hornswaggeled, Merlin,” he began to explain, already exasperated. “Remember the lass, Valmúa? I couldn’t get tha’ beauty out of mah head an’ I needed ta see ‘er! Well I spent all mornin’ picking out a pretty blue shell – a gift – and traveled to tha’ Watch to take ‘er out on that date we promised. I was more nervous than a lil’ seal in front of a great white. But she was so ‘appy to see me again! I knew, then, I wanted to court ‘er. We was leavin’ to see tha bluffs….”

The islander’s distant expression was laced with affection. The corsair had never encountered an attraction like this before. His motives were genuine.

“But we we were stopped by ‘nother wolf… a tar I’ve met before, guy named Kigipigak. ‘Bout our age, dirty white coat with a smiley scar on tha’ side of ‘is face,” Njord explained, adding his rival’s description in case Merlin ever wanted to go rough him up a bit. “Thought he was a good man, ‘an I knew they were in tha’ same crew… but he wrapped ‘imself round her like a devil’s serpent and showed me ‘is teeth.” Njord’s voice lowered as his anger bubbled up to the point where his chest felt constricted. “Tha’ lady didn’t like him one bit, Merlin… one bit! I tried to reason with ‘im but he wouldn’t budge. I knew I couldn’t back down… I knew I didn’t wanna back down!”

Njord’s anger slipped into grief, “The fight was over so fast, Mer. He got me good right on ‘tha wing, ‘an then ‘nother bite on tha’ face. Don’t think I stood a chance.” His ears fell to the sides like the fallen masts of a broken ship, spirit sunk.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Blue Wind - by Njord - December 09, 2020, 10:16 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Merlin - December 10, 2020, 07:47 AM
RE: Blue Wind - by Njord - December 12, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Merlin - December 12, 2020, 04:33 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Njord - December 15, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Merlin - December 20, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Njord - January 02, 2021, 02:25 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Merlin - January 10, 2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Blue Wind - by Njord - January 22, 2021, 01:19 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Merlin - January 22, 2021, 05:56 PM
RE: Blue Wind - by Njord - January 23, 2021, 11:10 AM