Dragoncrest Cliffs I put my hands in the fire
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
756 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She was content to remain belligerent, and kept pushing dirt back into the hole she'd been digging as a means of blocking the ermine's exit. It could suffocate for all she cared- she felt as though her inability to speak was suffocating her, so she knew the feeling. 

Her mouth opened slightly in surprise, and she was perhaps prepared to nip at whoever it was who'd come to flank her so closely when she saw that it was Valravn. And at her paws he dropped a rabbit, before he began to begin his own excavation in the ground- a gesture she perceived as being solidarity. She could have wept from the flood of relief and validation she felt in that moment, and she reached over to nuzzle his shoulder, hoping he might pause in his digging for a moment so he could actually receive the gratitude she felt singing in her heart. Of course he understood her. She knew he'd picked up on how she'd felt, to be excluded from the race. 

When their mother addressed them, Chacal was incapable of ignoring her completely. She slid a glance in her mother's direction, but her expression darkened when they were labelled as children again. She lifted her chin abruptly, though, when her mother confessed just how oblivious she was to the affront she had caused her children. Chacal nudged at her brother's shoulder again; ignoring their mother wouldn't do them any good- but he was the only one who could effectively communicate their problems, and she wanted him to do it, for both of them.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 06:10 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 06:14 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 06:51 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - February 26, 2021, 02:41 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - February 26, 2021, 05:26 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - February 28, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - March 06, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Rosalyn - March 07, 2021, 01:45 AM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Chacal - March 11, 2021, 01:12 PM
RE: I put my hands in the fire - by Val - March 21, 2021, 08:39 AM