Noctisardor Bypass light a candle for the dead, with sprigs of fir do warm their bed
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
699 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She drew in a breath as Mahler explained the characteristics of spring. Most of it sounded agreeable enough, though the mention of cubs gave her pause. She thought of Laurel’s offspring and her complicated feelings toward them. Would Laurel bear more in the spring? Would Sequoia?

Druid’s lips parted. Will mama give me more sisters? she wondered, hopeful but also reserved. What if they were obnoxious, like Indra? Worse yet, what if her mother had boys?

A look of consternation settled on her face and she initially didn’t process Mahler’s next few words. When they finally registered, she blinked and looked at him. Just the other day, Sequoia had been cleaning behind her ears and saying, “I can’t believe you’re almost six months old already…”

I think I’m old enough now, Druid whispered. She didn’t mean to question the Graf’s intelligence on the matter but who would know better than her mother? She tipped her chin a little, smiling graciously at the patriarch. I’m ready. I want to join the hunt.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: light a candle for the dead, with sprigs of fir do warm their bed - by Druid - November 17, 2021, 11:31 AM