Phoenix Maplewood krasha
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
688 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Although Heda had hurt her in a fashion, Druid would never refuse her sister’s embrace. She clutched at her, the tears flowing freely even as Heda’s breath tickled her ear. She cried in silence, listening to Heda’s explanation. At first, she didn’t understand. Who did she mean? But then she said their brother’s name and Druid remembered: Heda and Worripa had not been born to Sequoia. She often forgot.

Hearing that the memories of her mother’s and brother’s abandonment afflicted her wounded Druid deeply. How had she not known? She wished Heda had told her, so they could bear the burden together. But she hadn’t and Druid could not possibly refuse her the relief that leaving would offer her. That would be selfish and though Druid wanted her sisters at her side for always, Heda’s happiness mattered to her as much as her own. Perhaps it mattered even more.

Heda promised to visit often and Druid could only nod shakily as she pulled back to look her sister in her face. Of course, were the only words she could manage presently, eyes resting on the other girl’s features for only a moment before she flung her forelegs around her neck and hugged her even more tightly.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
krasha - by Heda - December 28, 2021, 10:13 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 29, 2021, 08:57 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 29, 2021, 09:01 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 29, 2021, 10:04 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 30, 2021, 12:58 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 30, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 30, 2021, 01:41 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 30, 2021, 01:50 PM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 30, 2021, 06:05 PM
RE: krasha - by Druid - December 31, 2021, 12:09 AM
RE: krasha - by Heda - December 31, 2021, 04:06 PM