Hushed Willows uncloak
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
971 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Meerkat’s words were encouraging – a timely reminder that it was not husband versus wife, but husband and wife versus a problem. He face warmed with gratitude. “Verra well,” Njord agreed as he took a seat.

“Let me start by sayin’ if you… if we,” he corrected himself, “desire wee bairns then it shall be so.” There was no problem too big to be solved and Njord reaffirmed that they would sort this conundrum with an assured look.

Then, he began the litany of concerns. “I have been feelin’ a stranger in my own pack,” Njord admitted as his shoulders slumped.

“Erzulie hasna spoken to me… Rosalyn didna need ta utter a thing, her look was fierce enough. An’ Sobo,” the seaman frowned. “I’ve been tryin’ ta reach him but he willna parlay. I fear I canna reconcile my missteps,” he sighed. “It was silly of me to ever – ah,” Njord stopped himself, “that is a trouble for another time.”

Njord’s gaze darted away momentarily to gather his thoughts. “Tha pack is familial with tha Dahomey an’ Riviani’s at tha center of it. Tis always been that way, even when Merlin an’ Rosencrantz lived. Now, Sapphique has turned to tha next chapter. Chacal and Mireille stand at the helm… it’s most likely they’ll be havin’ litters of their own next season. Maybe even Sobo, too.”

The truth was difficult to swallow. “’Tis no secret my rank is low within tha pack. I was supposed ta help anchor us into Sapphique’s heart… but, now…” Njord’s words became wistful, “I feel I am on tha outside lookin’ in. Maybe ye feel differently,” he suggested. So much time had passed… perhaps Meerkat had become more embeded into the sisterhood than he ever had.

“I canna change what’s been done,” Njord said regretfully. “Now, there's only decidin' what ta do next."
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
uncloak - by Meerkat - October 26, 2022, 09:50 AM
RE: uncloak - by Njord - October 26, 2022, 03:25 PM
RE: uncloak - by Meerkat - October 26, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: uncloak - by Njord - October 26, 2022, 07:06 PM
RE: uncloak - by Meerkat - October 26, 2022, 08:12 PM
RE: uncloak - by Njord - October 26, 2022, 10:06 PM
RE: uncloak - by Meerkat - October 26, 2022, 10:41 PM
RE: uncloak - by Njord - October 30, 2022, 06:05 PM
RE: uncloak - by Meerkat - October 30, 2022, 07:49 PM
RE: uncloak - by Njord - October 30, 2022, 08:12 PM
RE: uncloak - by Meerkat - October 30, 2022, 09:11 PM