Dragoncrest Cliffs i loved you, atthis, long ago
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
970 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Seconds slowly slipped by like sand in a dial. Even from a distance, Njord could perceive the subtle change in the Ruby’s expression. It invited him closer. Njord took a step.

Suddenly, at Erzulie’s statement, Njord sensed he was meant to confess. It felt as if her fangs squeezed his heart. Was this a hearing? Did she expect him to spill his soul when he had nary a drop left?

A shock of something… anger… rippled through him. The feeling of being shackled, again, and dragged back into the pit of shame and guilt that he had just begun to crawl out of. To be kept in emotional limbo was worse than physical pain… and Njord wished that Erzulie would rake her teeth through his skin instead.

Njord’s mouth opened, fishing for words, but nothing came out. His shoulders shrugged and then crumpled. Ears fell to half-mast.

“I think ye are mistaken, Erzulie. I dinnae ‘av any words left,” he admitted sincerely. Again and again, the seafarer had owned up to his wrongdoing… but every time, the words seemed to fall short. Meerkat’s repeated tears were evidence of that.

He looked to her. What more did she expect him to confide?
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Erzulie - October 27, 2022, 11:42 AM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Njord - October 27, 2022, 01:07 PM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Erzulie - October 27, 2022, 01:50 PM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Njord - October 30, 2022, 10:54 PM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Erzulie - October 31, 2022, 10:34 AM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Njord - November 12, 2022, 02:31 PM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Erzulie - November 12, 2022, 10:19 PM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Njord - November 19, 2022, 12:37 PM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Erzulie - November 27, 2022, 02:12 AM
RE: i loved you, atthis, long ago - by Njord - November 28, 2022, 09:52 AM