Silver Moraine Aiokatti
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
970 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Sorry for the delay! This thread gave me so many feels that it also gave me writer's block lol!

Njord could see the dark shadow that cast over his friend’s expression at the mention of bear. Kigipigak appeared to understand the violence and destruction that predator could bring to a pack. 

His friend provided some insight into the Westward facing terrain. Njord took the advice to heart, for he had turned into a domestic man who scarcely traveled beyond Dragoncrest’s borders. It had afforded the man intimate knowledge of the seaside and its bounty… but now, the absence of intel was certainly a setback.

Kigipigak’s – Kilgitusk’s – next statement made the anchor in Njord’s heart detach. For so long there had been an absence of kinship, of brotherhood, in Njord’s life. He had witnessed a glimpse of it when he hunted with Rodyn and his son… Life had Njord constantly looking back. Perhaps, it was time to be open to all the good that could come from a massive life change like the one he, and his family, were about to undertake.

Aiokatti,
“ the word sounded different from the rolling lilt on Njord’s tongue. ”Remember how we fought!“ Laughter boomed from his chest at the memories. The rough shove made Njord lose his footing, which only made him even jollier. And… were those tears of happiness – relief – beading in the corners of his eye? A manly sniff blinked them away. ”Aye, ye are my brother, no matter what name ye take. My blood!“ he proclaimed. 

If he had a hand, he would have clasped Kilgitusk’s shoulder. “Yes! Ye should travel with us. Let us both find our way again.” The jovial cadence of Njord’s voice sobered. “But I cannae risk a fight, Meerkat is pregnant." His expression softened at this. "If I cannae hunt the bear, then I will shepherd her far from these lands tae keep her safe.”

If only he had known how soon the bear would set siege upon Sapphique... Njord might have stolen Kigipigak from Swiftcurrent right then and there.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 06:44 AM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 19, 2023, 12:59 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 19, 2023, 01:41 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 25, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 06:40 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - January 30, 2023, 10:17 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Kigipigak - January 30, 2023, 10:35 PM
RE: Aiokatti - by Njord - February 11, 2023, 02:16 PM