Two Eyes Cenote sixty-first [ap]
Akashingo
Erpa-ha*
963 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Chaplain
Missionary
it was indeed rote, and he had come to expect that this was how it would be between them: servant and holy man, even though nazli had joined tavina as sesh.

"it was eset's triumph," he demurred through a warm expression and even warmer face. "she has been a perfect example of hebsut."

perhaps it was the drink, perhaps it was all the unsaid desperate things that senmut had told himself to bury, but instead: "i had hoped you would keep it."

but his eyes were no longer on the amulet, instead finding the lilac planes of her face with a thousand emotions springing to life in his own. the offering of this charm had marked a horrendous time, and while senmut did not want to remind nazli of this, he could not feel as though he had managed to comfort her in some way. or perhaps not.

senmut had failed her.

a self-deprecating smile was reason to look away, to step back from the moment; "will you return to akashingo or will you stay in muat-riya?" he had failed her, to protect her, to ensure her safety. nazli needed no more from him unless it was the gift of distance. "i myself will be leaving in another night, before the celebration has ended."
Messages In This Thread
sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - November 30, 2023, 07:52 AM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 02:41 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 02:56 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 03:19 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 03:35 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 03:49 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 03:59 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Nazli - December 01, 2023, 04:29 PM
RE: sixty-first [ap] - by Senmut - December 01, 2023, 04:40 PM