Blackfoot Forest There's an art in life's distractions
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
728 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
As soon as he said it, Javelina nodded. She’d come across this odor a few times, though never quite this concentrated. She’d thought foxes were solitary creatures, like herself, but perhaps they congregated in these woods for some reason. Well, that boded well for the pair of wolves. It meant there must be prey here.

Glaukos made an offhanded comment about eating one of the smaller carnivores, earning a speculative glance from her. Javelina wasn’t picky, especially not right now, though she wondered what a fox tasted like. Had she ever eaten one? She couldn’t remember.

Let me know if you find any waterways that aren’t frozen solid, Javelina told him as they limped along. I’m a pretty good fisher and I should be able to manage. I’ve had a hard time finding any running water, though. I would’ve fared so much better if I’d just waited until spring to be so foolhardy.

She shook her head, refusing to dwell on memories of the poor judgment calls leading up to her injury. Javelina made a point to focus on their surroundings. She neither heard nor saw any running water, though the foxes ate something. If they were in luck, perhaps the forest was equally infested with rabbits. Of course, only Glaukos would be able to hunt for them.

You mentioned sleep, she said a few minutes later. How much further do you plan to walk? I could use another break, she was forced to admit, grimacing a little at the strain in her leg.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
There's an art in life's distractions - by Myrmidon - January 03, 2024, 05:28 PM
RE: There's an art in life's distractions - by Druid - January 03, 2024, 06:40 PM
RE: There's an art in life's distractions - by Myrmidon - January 04, 2024, 11:35 PM
RE: There's an art in life's distractions - by Druid - January 05, 2024, 12:06 AM
RE: There's an art in life's distractions - by Myrmidon - January 09, 2024, 11:49 PM
RE: There's an art in life's distractions - by Druid - January 10, 2024, 09:49 AM
RE: There's an art in life's distractions - by Myrmidon - January 30, 2024, 04:59 PM