Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,276 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He remembered much of what was said by Sunman and Moonwoman. He remembered how blatantly he had acted as well, brazen in the wake of Asivaq's interest in him. There had been talk but it had been a hurtful kind.

Now Kigipigak saw no way back. Amalia's questions felt a little like nagging, as if she didn't think he was wise enough to reach those conclusions himself — and he knew that was unfair to think, because she was trying to help. If Kigipigak knew what to do he would not be seeking a friend right now to lend their aid.

I know they are of two places. It isn't just that they are Sunshine—it is that they refuse to allow for anything else. It is the fact that Kukutux already turned my son Kivaluk against me. Now she has the chance to raise her grandchildren and turn them against Tartok as well. A deep sigh resonates through him.

Neither the moonwoman or the sunman approved of our marriage - mine and Asivaq's, he hadn't realized he had used the now faded Tartok name for his wife and carried on; We left because it was what she wanted, yet I am blamed. Now that we are back again she was welcomed, and I was... Tolerated. I feel that tolerance straining even now.

And once that last thread was snapped, Kigipigak knew what he would do. His children were the future and if he wasn't welcome, he did not think it would be safe for any of his blood. It was a strong opinion - with space for correction.

He huffs and shakes some of the tension out of his coat, trying to shed some of the serious feeling from his body. I'm sorry to unload so much on you. Thank you for listening; it means more to me than you can know, having someone around who is kind and welcoming.

Then he looks around but, realizing their conversation had dominated the space, any sign of prey had vanished. I suppose a hunt will have to wait for another day?
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
Do you see the brightest side of life - by Amalia - May 07, 2024, 01:52 PM
RE: Do you see the brightest side of life - by Kigipigak - May 11, 2024, 11:32 AM