Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,276 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Conversation did not feel apt for fixing anything. Kigipigak felt as though he had tried, numerous times. Perhaps he had not tried in a way that was useful - he had let his pride control his narrative for so long. He was hurt deeply by many things in the past, and rather than face that he had always found distractions; was that all Asivaq was? Now that their honeymoon phase was over and reality was surfacing-- Kigipigak did not like that as a possibility.

Amalia suggested a proper conversation and Kigipigak did not expect the immediate dread that filled him, twisting his gut and sapping him of any appetite. It was good they had not hunted; at the same time, Kigipigak was suddenly reluctant to return to the village.

He knew he must. The children needed their father present and providing; his wife too, for as long as she remained such.

I would like to visit sometime. Maybe I will come by to speak again, or actually hunt, he smiled thinly at this. If you see my son, congratulate him for me? Wish him well. I would like to see him too, if he would allow it - but I will wait, it will be on his own time.

Perhaps that was another conversation he must have too. Kigipigak turned towards the mountains, breathing deeply as he considered everything.

Thank you again, Amalia. Farewell.

He gave a small bow to her and was off at a steady pace.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
Do you see the brightest side of life - by Amalia - May 07, 2024, 01:52 PM
RE: Do you see the brightest side of life - by Kigipigak - May 13, 2024, 06:09 PM