Swiftcurrent Creek played-a-live
Loner
738 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
She could only make a sound of agreement in response to Akavir’s first point. Glaukos was the biggest wolf she’d ever seen, which was what made him so dangerous, even when he didn’t necessarily have terrible intentions. But then the creek’s leader mentioned the remark about women and Druid could only blink, truly appalled.

Druid wanted to say something then, though Akavir continued, which was probably for the best. She swallowed her loathsome words and listened to the details of Mae’s attack. She realized belatedly she should’ve inquired after Mae, though it would have to wait. Akavir wanted to know how Glaukos fought.

You probably know more than I do, if you fought him. The one time I tried to get physical with Glaukos—pardoning, of course, their trysts of yore—I bounced off him and broke into pieces like a baby bird. I lost several teeth and broke a leg. He didn’t even have to try to hurt me to do that kind of damage.

She let that sink in for a moment, wishing she had more helpful feedback for the two men. Druid’s mismatched eyes flicked back and forth between them for a moment.

That’s why I’ve told Viinturuth he must be careful. And why I’m here. Ever since he came wandering into the bypass the other day, I’ve felt incredibly unsafe. He left when I told him to go both times, though if he changes his mind, I don’t know what he’s capable of. My sister doesn’t seem to think he’d hurt our kids but he tore out Mae’s eye. And now you’re telling me he was spouting misogyny while he was at it…

Druid lapsed into seething silence. She considered telling these Swiftcurrent wolves she would join them in their manhunt. Of course, she would be more of a liability than anything. She was a scrappy wolf, a survivalist, but she had never really been a fighter. If Druid went after him, she would likely just get hurt again.

I was wondering what exactly you planned to do with him, because I don’t want to live my life in fear, wondering when Glaukos is going to abruptly turn up again…
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
played-a-live - by Druid - May 14, 2024, 11:55 AM
RE: played-a-live - by Viinturuth - May 14, 2024, 01:18 PM
RE: played-a-live - by Druid - May 14, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: played-a-live - by Viinturuth - May 15, 2024, 09:56 AM
RE: played-a-live - by Druid - May 15, 2024, 10:20 AM
RE: played-a-live - by Viinturuth - May 15, 2024, 11:34 AM
RE: played-a-live - by Akavir - May 15, 2024, 11:55 AM
RE: played-a-live - by Druid - May 15, 2024, 01:11 PM
RE: played-a-live - by Viinturuth - May 15, 2024, 02:27 PM
RE: played-a-live - by Akavir - May 15, 2024, 03:14 PM
RE: played-a-live - by Druid - May 15, 2024, 03:24 PM