Noctisardor Bypass He's the one give his life to protect you
759 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid took his words to mean it was none of her business. She understood. She respected this boundary and stayed quiet, only nodding. But then he eventually revealed a few more details about the nature of their relationship. She still said nothing, weighing Etienne’s words.

Her main takeaway was that Etienne felt unloved, including by someone he held very dear. Druid’s heart broke for him. She wanted to hug him, though she wasn’t sure how it would be received. Instead, she tugged herself a little closer to him, her leg still looped around his.

I always just assumed you two were the best of friends. What makes you think you only tolerates you? My recall over the last few months is pretty poor but didn’t he come here to stick with you? Didn’t he stand up to Glaukos because of you? And just now he argued with you when you accused him of not caring, which seems to say he cares, after all.

She paused, lips pursing thoughtfully. With her free foreleg, she reached across herself to tap Etienne on the shoulder. She craned her head so she could catch his eye, holding his gaze as she spoke the next several words.

I think maybe he and I have something in common aside from our deadbeat dad: maybe we’re bad at showing you how much you mean to us. Maybe we’ve taken you for granted. But that stops today, okay? Well, I can only speak for myself. But I’d be happy to go pick a fight with anyone who mistreats you, Anselm or otherwise, Druid quipped with a wry smile.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: He's the one give his life to protect you - by Druid - May 15, 2024, 05:37 PM