Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,289 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She said she needed someone that understood, and that she was not willing to change him. How could that be condusive to a healthy relationship if they did not evolve together? He watched her, he listened; truly, he would not let himself deviate in to his anger or wallow in his hurt, because it would do no good here. The fact that they were raised differently was obvious but it was also a blessing for their own children, who would learn of the many different ways of the world; and Kigipigak believed that, even if he didn't agree with all the strangeness of the Sunshine People.

If you want me to understand, then you must teach me. Kigipigak pointed this out as if he were speaking to a child, because he was. Although he did not mean to infantalize the woman who had carried his children, she was acting very much her age and only now did Kigipigak realize his mistake in taking one of the moon woman's daughters. But I cannot learn if you are not willing to help me. You are set on this? But she went on to say as much.

If I marry again, it will be with a Sunshine person.

Your people—your mother, all of you, he countered, feeling again the spark of his hurt, —acting as though you are so good, walking in the light of your Sedna, and singing your songs; you allow such openness in ways I will not hope to understand, yet you are closed in ways that separate you from the world. For all of your magical thinking you cannot see any other way but your own. He did not realize yet that this applied to himself, too. To his pride in his people, which was as powerful as Asivaq's love of her own.

I have never been accepted by your family and now they have turned you against me, fully. I knew it was a matter of time; I knew she would find a way, and in this moment he could not sit there any longer. Kigipigak rose to his feet and paced away from the woman, towards the fox; and now, what? Is another of my sons going to be raised to hate me, are my daughters going to be taught of spirits and magical light, never to realize their potential as issumatar?

He was turned now, watching Asivaq. All of this, because their mother lacks her own convictions; and you held such promise, issumatar. Is this truly what you want Asviaq?
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 11:41 AM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 11:50 AM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 12:04 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 12:21 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 12:42 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 12:54 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 01:08 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by Kigipigak - May 19, 2024, 01:24 PM
RE: taimmalikii - by RIP Ariadne - May 19, 2024, 01:45 PM