Ouroboros Spine Windsong and Sunshine
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,417 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Like the cool ocean tide, something broke over him. When he misspoke. He choked bsck a small gasp. Unsure now. Surely he thought Kukutux would have told her of Samani, did she even know of Shikoba?

Had no one told her any of this. And like a trap his heart snapped. The pain the sadness washing over him all over again. To have to speak of that horrific day when everyone else knew. Because Callyope deserved more than traders. She deserved the truth that he was not just a widow who was still sad.

His yellow eyes grew watery and he had to take a deep breath.

Your ana broke the taboo for Shikoba, but I will not say your sisters name this time in case it is too much for you.

His voice wavered growing soft and full of emotion he tried to keep down, but this time could not.

She and I were going to bring new life into Moontide and everything went so well. She was sick in the first few weeks, but Moonwoman said this was normal. I couldn't save her it all happened so fast. We had two boys Panuk and Rolayne. A little girl. But sedna took both your sistra and our daughter to the dancing lights in seconds. I'm sorry Callyope. I'm so sorry. She rests in moontide by the sea. She was sang to the dsncing lights and I helped Moonwoman build her, her death Ulaq.

He stumbled over his words. His tongue feeling to heavy for his mouth. He stared at the ground grieving anew. He would spare her the details of how he had gotten there and Samani had too much blood. How it had been so quickly he could have done nothing. A truth even he had a hard time with. He knew if Callyope struck out at him. It would be in grief. He would forgive her, but it would hurt.

she came when they were still singing the songs for Shikoba. But I can edit out Shikobas name if she doesn't know that either. Don't want to traumatize her too much.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Messages In This Thread
Windsong and Sunshine - by Rodyn - May 19, 2024, 08:15 AM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Callyope - May 19, 2024, 10:23 AM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Rodyn - May 19, 2024, 01:15 PM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Callyope - May 20, 2024, 11:47 AM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Rodyn - May 20, 2024, 11:51 AM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Callyope - May 20, 2024, 11:59 AM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Rodyn - May 20, 2024, 12:07 PM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Callyope - May 20, 2024, 11:34 PM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Rodyn - May 21, 2024, 05:30 AM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Callyope - May 25, 2024, 08:49 PM
RE: Windsong and Sunshine - by Rodyn - May 26, 2024, 06:49 AM