Bramblepoint eighty-fifth

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,299 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
In his time away from the area Kigipigak had been so thoroughly isolated alongside his wife and children, that he had forgotten about the rest of the world. Now that he was living again in the settled wilderness, now that he spoke to this trader from a far-off place, he remembered. It was interesting to note which settlements the man spoke of; his aim was to seek the mountains and he spoke of needing a guide.

What objects could be found there? The man also spoke of spellwork and Kigipigak felt his interest withdraw a touch, as he mentally sorted Senmut in to a category of people that he naturally pitied for their superstition, and was touched by doubt — but he also sought warriors, which was intriguing.

You look for many things. What place did this man come from that was lacking in so much?

I am sure you could procure yourself a guide, or some guardians, if you visit any of the Moon villages. They are helpful and welcoming people, well, except in his own case, but that was his own trouble and he would not come between the Sunshine People and future prosperity when it would affect his own children. I would offer myself, but I have family to watch over. I do not want to be far from them so early in their lives. The look on his face asked, do you know what that is like? But he would not outright ask if this man was a father as well.

He looked young; and he spoke of his travels in a way that told Kigipigak there was nothing more to his life than this act of service to a crown.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Messages In This Thread
eighty-fifth - by Senmut - May 23, 2024, 09:23 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Kigipigak - May 23, 2024, 09:32 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Senmut - May 23, 2024, 09:46 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Kigipigak - May 23, 2024, 11:58 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Senmut - May 24, 2024, 07:35 AM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Kigipigak - May 25, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Senmut - May 25, 2024, 04:40 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Kigipigak - May 31, 2024, 12:59 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Senmut - June 02, 2024, 07:11 PM
RE: eighty-fifth - by Kigipigak - June 06, 2024, 08:21 PM