Noctisardor Bypass talking to the moon
Loner
738 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Heda’s suggestion stunned her into sudden silence. Could that work? What if they could lock her away somehow? What if they barricaded the old den in Dawnleaf? What if they dug a pit and threw her down into it? Her glistening eyes were wide in the gloom.

Etienne’s voice of reason cut into the sisters’ emotive exchange. Though Heda’s question did not go unheard, Druid tried to quiet her thoughts enough to concentrate on what the he had to say. Perhaps there was hope in his healer’s wisdom.

She bit me, Druid said, expression stricken as she admitted, deep.

He insisted there would be signs. Druid’s aching heart leaped in her chest. But she knew what signs he meant. The instant they manifested, the wolf became extremely dangerous. Was she—was Heda—really going to take the risk? What if Druid turned from one instant to the next, biting her sister? Or their children?

It was an untenable thought and Druid shakily rose from the water as she said, I can’t take that risk. I won’t.

Dripping, she padded a few feet away from the water, Heda and Etienne. Grimacing at the pain in her leg, she swiveled to face them in the darkness, a despondent but resolute expression crawling over her face. Tears still fell, though she powered through them.

I’ll go to the forest. I’ll rest and heal, hopefully. When enough time has passed, I’ll come home. And if I don’t, Druid continued, drawing in a shuddering breath, then I’d like you to come find my remains and bring them back here. I want to be buried in Rivenwood.

Even as she spoke the words, it occurred to her that it might not even be safe to handle her corpse, should the disease take her. She also didn’t know how long they ought to wait. Blinking back tears, Druid’s questioning gaze rested heavily on Etienne’s face.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
talking to the moon - by Druid - June 18, 2024, 11:14 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 19, 2024, 02:46 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Etienne - June 19, 2024, 03:14 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Druid - June 19, 2024, 09:02 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 20, 2024, 10:06 AM
RE: talking to the moon - by Etienne - June 20, 2024, 11:23 AM
RE: talking to the moon - by Druid - June 20, 2024, 11:48 AM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 20, 2024, 12:28 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Etienne - June 20, 2024, 12:39 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Druid - June 20, 2024, 12:54 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 20, 2024, 10:04 PM