Noctisardor Bypass talking to the moon
Loner
738 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid moved haltingly forward to press her nose to Heda’s cheek in a sisterly kiss. She was immensely grateful they were on the same page, even though they found themselves in the middle of a horror story. She ached to pull Heda into a hug but withdrew instead, woeful eyes flicking over to Etienne.

No, she said. I appreciate what you’re trying to do, Etienne, but you have to think of yourself.

But his words made her afraid. Perhaps the forest wasn’t far enough. Druid needed to go somewhere even more isolated, somewhere much further away. She hated that it meant her final resting place might be some strange and distant land, though it was a sacrifice she must make to keep the peoples of Rivenwood safe.

Don’t follow me, Druid implored, aware that she was in no shape to outrun anybody. Please.

She waited, then decided she needed to go. If she didn’t do it now, she might not be able to go through with it—mentally or physically. Druid needed as much time as possible to put a safe distance between herself, her sister and the children.

The children, she murmured, woebegone. Tell them how much I love them. Tell them I’m sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye. Tell them I’ll do everything I can to come back to them. And to you, Druid finished, eyes blurring with tears.

Despite them, she held Heda’s gaze as she slunk further back from the other two. She held it until the last possible moment, when the dark of the night swallowed her and she was gone.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
talking to the moon - by Druid - June 18, 2024, 11:14 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 19, 2024, 02:46 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Etienne - June 19, 2024, 03:14 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Druid - June 19, 2024, 09:02 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 20, 2024, 10:06 AM
RE: talking to the moon - by Etienne - June 20, 2024, 11:23 AM
RE: talking to the moon - by Druid - June 20, 2024, 11:48 AM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 20, 2024, 12:28 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Etienne - June 20, 2024, 12:39 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Druid - June 20, 2024, 12:54 PM
RE: talking to the moon - by Heda - June 20, 2024, 10:04 PM