Heron Lake Plateau i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
tags for reference, AW!

it was strange, being so far inland. caiaphas had settled in well enough, though both her children were her true concerns. she missed the pounding of the sound, the slow reassuring trickle of the grotto. most of all, she missed kierkegaard and her children - thinking of them caused her heart to sink and her eyes to close in sorrowed weariness.

thinking of them would not bring them back; she had seen the prints of her mate's herself, and had scoured the plains best she could for those that had fled in the storm. she would have to accept they were gone; just like larus and kevlyn had been gone. she was not unaware of the cruel irony of the world -- she, childstealer, cub-hoarder -- had finally had children only to see the wilderness sunder them.

slinking down into a defeated slump, the sylph stretched across the tiny den she had carved for her family a few hours prior. @Svalinn and raleska were not far, and presumably @Blondine was in earshot.. for now the sylph took a deep breath, drank in her surroundings, and for once, was grateful for the new home her charges were afforded.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
i could tell she wasn't lying, you were lying with a lion up there - by Caiaphas - June 29, 2018, 09:11 PM