Moonspear i'm a georgia warhorse, and i ain't easy to kill
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
aw<3 just a putting a thread up to reference HE IS IN ADULT RANKS!!!!!!!!

some children went through early life insistent they measured up to adults; they were implacable in their mindset that they not be treated like kids, and fierce when any adult approached them as such. arcturus, who had never given much thought to his age in relation to others (and certainly had never whined or wailed to be treated as a grown up), was 'suddenly' ranked among the adults.

he knew enough of hierarchy to know that puppies were bottom rung in the totem pole; they were catered to and doted upon, of course, but they occupied the lowest tier. but now he was not the denizen of moonspear, but the iota of it. it caused a swell of dutiful pride in the boy, who upon hearing his mother and father's ranking howl, had set industrially to work along the borders.

no one explained to him that the induction into adulthood ranks was not irrevocable - and even though he was an adult in terms of ranking, arcturus very much still thought like a child. worried that his parents might realize they had made some grave error, or perhaps had overestimated their son's "maturity", arcturus set to work with a madman's desperate worry, prowling along thick reeds of winterfern that interspersed moonspear's anterior.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
i'm a georgia warhorse, and i ain't easy to kill - by Arcturus - November 24, 2018, 11:29 AM