Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
set exactly during this thread: https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=31450 .  please allow erzulie & illidan to post first. <3

every night, @Erzulie crooned for her purloined lover. caiaphas heard the call as it drifted over the cliff-tops - a lone and sad melody that mingled with the cold night. she wondered if @Rosalyn heard them; and she wondered if rosalyn was alive at all. 

eurycrates had stolen out in the middle of the night. he was hotheaded and rash - and it was a matter of time before he did something drastic. 

little did he know when he left ankyra, several shadows followed. 

they did not take the same route. caiaphas was nothing if she was not slippery, and she knew the slopes that met drageda better than the contours of any old lover. covert and silent, the group stole across the forest and soon would cross into drageda territory. 

it was impossibly dark when they broke through the final receding tree line that marked the monolith’s ending reign. caiaphas had never been fond of storms, but was thankful tonight for the gale that shrieked above. it had grown in force day by day, and tonight forked tongues of lashing wind screamed down the stone walls in deafening bellows. it concealed the sound of their intrusion, and the lack of a moon made drifting undetected far easier. 

the only question was - where was rosalyn? 

they at least had surprise on their side. with the commotion caused by eurycrates’ hopeless errand, it was likely the eyes of drageda would be turned solely to him.. any wolf that came across them now would be a wolf likely on patrol - alone and easily dispatched between their crew of amazonian viragos. 

meanwhile, as eurycrates fought for his life as ankyra’s sacrificial lamb, caiaphas and her crew prowled inwards, the reflective flash of their furtive eyes the only sign of their presence in the swallowing blackness of a restless and roaring night.
Messages In This Thread
i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Caiaphas - December 17, 2018, 03:36 PM