Barrow Fields she sells sea shells
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas blinked slowly in response to maegi's quip, having little use for sarcasm or the notion that she would attack another woman -- least of all, a loner bearing the sigil of the collapsed kingdom caiaphas had once extended her alliance to. she sniffed the air with a resigned sort of patience, giving the snow-hued wolf a precursory look of indifference in response to the notion she would attack. "i would not attack a wolf unless it benefited me to do so, girl. and there is no sport or benefit in killing a loner - even if she bears the sigil of the wolves that betrayed me."

but then the woman mentioned vaati -- caiaphas supposed she ought to expect that, given she knew vaati had sprung from blackfeather's cursed depths. "i know he is alive." she answered, not bothering to hide (not that it was possible) the scent of him on her pelt. "he is in my pack."

she supposed it was a cruel twist of irony that brought vaati to her -- it had been blackfeather that first twisted the knife of betrayal into her backside, having failed their end of the bargain in the nereides-duskfire war. while caiaphas had never forgotten that, she had simply bid her time in exacting vengeance.. but it appeared that time in of itself was the cruelest avenger, for it had steamrolled right over blackfeather's dominion until they crumbled to dust and were as dispersed to the wind as a scattered kingdom. and here she was, alive and kicking, still scheming and still plotting.

gods and avengers both could afford to wait, she reflected wryly, knowing it was she that had the last laugh when it came to blackfeather's demise.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
she sells sea shells - by Maegi - January 31, 2019, 08:55 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Caiaphas - February 03, 2019, 02:31 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Maegi - February 03, 2019, 09:39 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Caiaphas - February 06, 2019, 06:11 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Maegi - February 07, 2019, 03:22 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Caiaphas - February 13, 2019, 12:18 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Maegi - February 15, 2019, 12:20 AM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Caiaphas - February 17, 2019, 01:52 PM
RE: she sells sea shells - by Maegi - February 17, 2019, 07:59 PM