Ankyra Sound and i, i won't feel sorry, you can believe me
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Pack Activity 
set after this! AW, tags for reference but participation not mandatory. you can assume once your wolf arrives, caiaphas has already told the wolf what has happened! (just to speed things along)

following her encounter with kiwi, caiaphas turned over her options. @Svalinn and @Raleska she knew were raring for bloodshed; all she had to do was mention she suspected this was a dragedan, and they would bay like hounds until they killed her. @Illidan might go too, but caiaphas had come to learn he was a more reticent wolf than his siblings; certainly he possessed her ability to weigh all future events, but without being anywhere near as mercurial.

she thought of what @Rosalyn and @Erzulie might think, with pups so tender and vulnerable. rosalyn had been displeased with caiaphas' last militaristic action (and for good reason) but she wondered if erzulie, slightly more hard-hearted, would side with caiaphas once more.

certainly, @Vaati had seen enough of war to know the favor in quashing enemies before they gained power. it seemed @Julep might dislike the idea of a wolf setting shop where she had envisioned a sister pack too; what of her opinion?

and then there was @Vercingetorix. caiaphas did not trust him anymore than she trusted a shark -- whether he was here by fate or coincidence she could not tell, but she knew that this news might test his alleged loyalty to rusalka. if he learned this wolf was potentially dragedan, what then would he do? would he slither back up to the cliffs, assist kiwi in some way, and show the colors caiaphas believed to be true? or would he kill each of them in the night upon learning that his old allies had a chance of rising from the den?

caiaphas distrusted coincidence. she would tell both svalinn and raleska to stand guard around the dens and their mothers from now until she saw fit to relieve their duties.

caiaphas half wished to simply go back now, to ambush the she-wolf while she was unaware. she was certainly not merciful, and had little positive things to say following their encounter. she was deadset on eliminating this new development -- a pack of wolves settling shop next to her she could abide, but not one that refused to be allies.

and so, the crone howled for all as she sat down next to the circular pool in the grotto. she would inform any wolf that came of what had happened just then on the cliff, and she might even entertain any counter-suggestions that went against her plan, but in the end caiaphas was resolute that this new pack would pose future risks, and was worthy of being quashed like an ant underfoot.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
and i, i won't feel sorry, you can believe me - by Caiaphas - May 18, 2019, 01:14 PM