Stone Circle I'm coming home, to the place where I belong
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was pleased to hear that. She did want to know what Steph went through on her travels and what she learned from them. She did seem to be more confident which Valette liked to see in her daughter. "Good, because I want to hear about them," she stated to the female. "Hunting is good," she spoke with a nod. "However, we didn't have a bison hunt in a while because I am the only one able to lead them and I think some tried but well, they are a tough prey to take down," she explained. They had been living mostly on deer. Which they had enough of.

"The birth was tough this year," she admitted and then looked away. Should she tell Steph? It had been common knowledge that she had lost two and she didn't want Steph to feel left out. However, this was the first time she even mentioned them ever since it happened. "I lost two," her voice cracked. "Luckily we still have Newt, Leta, West, and Clay," she tried to sound cheerful. "It was just... a lot to recover from." Valette never had a litter this big so it was natural that it took its toll on her body. Then she did smile a bit. "Plus I don't think I could eat enough to have an overflow of milk with three hungry boys that are going to rival their father in size," she admitted. She did have more than enough with her last litter but then she only had three but Arlette was little and Keen was not so keen on eating that much.

"Yes, you have. But when I was little I was separated from him. For a long time, I was so mad at him. Mad for leaving. Mad at him hurting my mother. Arlette found him and brought him to me. He seemed changed. A different emotion hanging around him. He apologized and so different than I remember. Perhaps not seeing him for so long I made more of a demon out of him than he actually was. And oh, little Arlette was so happy. I decided to give him another chance," she explained with a nod. "So, I'd say, how he is now, you will like him. How he was in the past, you wouldn't. But since we are in the present I'd hope you will treat him how he is behaving now not what he did in the past. I forgave him for it. We all make mistakes."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm coming home, to the place where I belong - by RIP Valette - June 12, 2019, 04:39 AM