Silverlight Terrace a lifetime i was alone, so many years without my home
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
while no soothsayer, arcturus was intrepid enough to catch the glint of resentment in basil's eyes. liars might feign affront when their lies were called to the table, but very infrequently in arcturus' life had he seen resentment authentically replicated. while he did not -- could not -- take basil's words at face value (how terrifying it all sounded!) he softened somewhat, resigning himself to the possibility maybe the male was confused..

and then basil tried to remove the band. arcturus watched with a sense of quiet helplessness -- he didn't want to extend his aid out of the irrational fear that band might latch onto him too -- but he also felt guilty peering at this hapless soul and offering no solution. "it doesn't hurt?" he interjected suddenly, a frown returning to his dark features.

in the end, arcturus did not extend his aid to the man -- but he departed from basil with a new fear blossoming in his heart. a fear of the unknown -- he had learned something this day, something he wished he had gone his entire life without knowing.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
RE: a lifetime i was alone, so many years without my home - by Arcturus - October 18, 2019, 06:28 PM