Meadowlark Prairie i watch the colored animals across the floor
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
disapproval lingered in the cold bite of astara's stare, for fern's scent lingered -- lingered, on her merrick.

the blackbird's spine rifled, hackles quill-like across her back.

she made to step over him, but he was soon standing and circling, a panic edging its way into his voice. the blackbird stopped, head revolving as merrick circled round in a macabre shuffle.

she did not want his cock -- well, not now. she wanted his presence as possessively as an abuser might want their victim held close; merrick was not to step out from the little world she had shaped for him -- not without her implicit blessing. her gaze grew hard, ears pressed forward -- he had hunted and killed -- without her!

did he wish to live without her, too?

astara sat primly on her haunches, the jealousy within her heart transmuted to unforgivable bile. that he had nearly died, nearly been lost forever, was only secondary to the breach of trust, for he had gone searching without her -- perhaps he had deserved fate's hinged teeth for that betrayal.

a forbidding growl started in astara's throat, cut short only by a rueful smile. oh, he had let her down -- he had betrayed her -- but astara the merciful would love him anyway.

astara the merciful would forgive. for a time.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
Messages In This Thread
i watch the colored animals across the floor - by Astara - October 07, 2019, 03:09 PM
RE: i watch the colored animals across the floor - by Astara - October 14, 2019, 01:41 PM