Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
AW <3

it wasn't just the mountain spires arcturus missed. it was the coldness as it seeped in at night, the howl of wind around the peaks. the familiarity of paths he'd walked ten-thousand times. the faces that had been part of his life since he was born, as familiar as the stones and sky.

the feeling of being a part of it all, belonging implicitly to.. of being built into the very tapestry of the life he was living, threading in and out just so.

it wasn't the same here; the trees thick and ferns crowding. he missed the sharp open skies.

the raw cold as it crawled down the mountainside like a cougar prowling for its meal.

there were times where he instinctively wanted to seek out old figures of his life - to tell them of something strange he'd found, or to ask them something -- only to realize that part of his life was as dead and gone as his parents.

arcturus kept his mind busy by honest work. the borders were frequented often, and over time a narrow path was braided into the pack's perimeters by the constant tread of his feet. he mantled one such path today, thinking of how irreversibly lonesome and untethered his life had become -- how quiet, and eerily calm..
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
i'm the pretender, i'm not what i'm supposed to be - by Arcturus - April 20, 2020, 12:48 PM