Stavanger Bay they caught the katy, and left me a mule to ride
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
Private 
arcturus had let @Wraen know he was going on a brief sojourn: he had always stuck to mountains and the copse, and now that he felt his stay in firebirds was well-established, the young tradesman felt the urge to wander.

he had never been a traveller; he had ranged far over the spear, and had made most of its neighboring territories his haunt -- but he had never truly left his little corner of the globe, and now that his duties were easily delegated to others (he had no doubt @Figment and @Bronco both could hold down the fort while he was gone), arcturus was off.

he had always wanted to see the ocean. many times at the spear he had seen it from a distance, and occasionally caught the scent of brine on the breeze. once as a very young boy, he had come with charon to the bay in search of @Revui. while his mind did not truly know it, that was his destination -- and he walked and walked and walked, until he was back at the stony outcropping that he had stood at so long ago.

a lifetime ago.

exhaling, arcturus lifted his chin and felt the wind as it rifled through his cheeks and tousled his fur. there was something so intangibly incredible about the ocean, and as he stood on the cliff and listened to the roar of the waves, arcturus found his mind wandering while his awestruck body remained rooted to the stony shelf.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
they caught the katy, and left me a mule to ride - by Arcturus - June 07, 2020, 12:53 PM