Golden Glade Teach and tell me,
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Her search for Alyx led her through the surging rivers to the West and back again, hoping perhaps that her child had wandered home after having somehow disappeared into the mist. Niamh's ire toward each and every adult in her pack for not keeping their eyes on her children had not dissipated, and with her fatigue her irritability had grown. Given the fact they'd travelled through a watery bog to get from the Copse to the Glade, they'd left little behind in the way of track, by now, making it damn near impossible to find where Alyx might've gone missing. 

But she was nearing the borders of the Glade again when she noticed a couple tracks leading into the glade that did not belong to the Firebirds.  It was easy enough for strangers to trespass through a well-established pack's territory as it was, what with all the rain, let alone a temporary shelter as well. So she could at least forgive- in the meantime- lone wolves from seeking shelter in the glade despite the fact a pack of wolves had already chosen to settle there. She couldn't help but feel another surge of disappointment that caused her hackles to stiffen; were her packmates even trying to guard their new territory, though? They still had two out of their three children to protect while she was off trying to find the one they'd lost. 

Despite being over-tired already, once she realized that her remaining children might be in danger, she sent up a short but loud summining call- to alert her packmates to potential danger lurking on the borders of the Glade, and picked up a trot to intervene. She didn't stop to consider the scents she was following, only noting that there were two and that she did not immediately recognize them. She bristled as she saw them, ahead- her gaze immediately drawn to the female with crimson eyes, and a brilliantly contrasting pelt that reminded her of the colours of a magpie's wings. Then she cast her gaze to the darker female, who caused Niamh to stop, a hitch in her breath.

"Raleska-?" She barked in surprise, sliding to a stop. She bristled, recalling her last encounter with the girl- who was now a woman. Those two, vile sea-witches had attacked her without hesitation the last time she'd seen Raleska, and she couldn't help but fear that they might be close by still. She recalled their scent- and found it lingered in the air, particularly around Raleska. She cast a wary glance to the stranger,but looked back to Raleska, one ear turned back- listening for any sign of an ambush from Erzulie and Rosalyn, who she assumed wouldn't be too far away. Having them this close was terribly uncomfortable. While she wanted to greet Raleska more warmly...She knew better than to get comfortable, lest she be attacked without warning. She couldn't believe how Raleska had grown- and while she looked tired, worn and toughened by life, Niamh was still relieved to see her again, alive and in one piece. "Why are you here? And who are they? Who else is with you?" She asked, looking past her suspiciously. "The Firebirds have claimed this glade." She said, borrowing hope that some of her packmates might show up to back her up- just in case she ended up being even more outnumbered.
Messages In This Thread
Teach and tell me, - by Grímnismál - August 29, 2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 02:21 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Grímnismál - August 29, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by RIP Niamh - August 29, 2020, 03:55 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 04:21 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Grímnismál - August 29, 2020, 04:34 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by RIP Niamh - August 29, 2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 05:35 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Grímnismál - August 29, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by RIP Niamh - August 29, 2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Teach and tell me, - by Raleska - August 29, 2020, 06:14 PM