Neverwinter Forest said he would wipe away the tears
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Sorry for the wait!
And... sorry about Osiris. Last post from me!

Abba and Amma—Mal and Miriam—Dad and Mom. Osiris nodded as he was introduced and began to zone-out as Liliana then explained the reason for their visit. Despite his mental vacancy, he nodded every so often and appeared to be following the conversation—a facade, as he considered the situation at length. 

"When seeking others to join your fold now, you will need to ascertain their worth. Not simply to you—to the pack. Can they hunt? Can they protect? Can they heal?" Hydra had said; Osiris couldn't help but wonder what Liliana's worth was to the pack. She would require resources they couldn't afford to waste and distract his packmates whose efforts were needed elsewhere; it wasn't worth it. "You, above the rest, must be realistic. Pragmatic in such matters," Osiris now knew what he needed to do, although he wasn't excited for the fallout, "I have had to turn sick wolves from my borders, in knowing that our resources ought to be spared for those with us, in the Winter, for instance." 

Sighing, Osiris shot Mal and Miriam an apologetic glance before he spoke. "No," he corrected gently, "You need to stay here until you've gotten a bit older." Had he been deceitful? Perhaps, but now she was safe at home with her parents. Taking a step back, Osiris prepared to retreat. "I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up, Liliana, but this is what is best for now," he glanced at her parents and dipped his head; a silent apology. 

Then, Osiris turned and retreated without another word back into the glen—not giving any of them the chance to object. He had made a mistake in telling her that she could join, and it was a lesson he would not soon forget.
Messages In This Thread
said he would wipe away the tears - by Liliana - November 10, 2020, 07:25 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Osiris’s Ghost - November 11, 2020, 02:17 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Mal - November 12, 2020, 03:24 AM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Miriam - November 12, 2020, 01:14 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Liliana - November 12, 2020, 06:36 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Osiris’s Ghost - November 16, 2020, 03:46 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Mal - December 16, 2020, 01:58 AM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Miriam - December 16, 2020, 01:23 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Liliana - December 18, 2020, 12:46 PM
RE: said he would wipe away the tears - by Mal - December 26, 2020, 07:55 PM