Dragoncrest Cliffs again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Part of Chacal’s heart felt as though it had eroded away, having first watched her Mother step away from leadership and now her Maman. But as the sea claimed earth from the shoreline, so too it created new land. So I and Mireille would join her as leaders of the pack, and for their company and counsel she would be grateful.

There had been a partial shift when she had stepped into the leadership, but now the pack would be refreshed with new blood at the helm, the next generation stepping forward to usher Sapphique into the future. Still, bordered by the same currents and tides that had guided them all along. 

It would be Erzulie’s last proclamation as Obsidian so she remained quiet and obedient as her mother placed the laurel on Mireille’s head. Chacal beamed, eyes shimmering at her sister, the new Obsidian. And when Erzulie spoke to Sobo, Chacal stepped forward and carefully draped the necklace of scarlet flowers upon Sobo’s shoulder, pausing to give his cheek a brief, but affectionate kiss. It was a monumental day- the day they had chosen to bring a young man into the leadership. He smelled, as ever, of fresh herbs and medicines. She smiled as she pulled back, and spared a loving nuzzle for her sister as well. She was both proud and grateful to have their companionship in leadership. 

A pause was given for her to speak, so she cleared her throat, glanced to her emotional family, and chimed. 

”We see today de flow of time,
Moves like de sea, wid salt an’ brine,
From our Mot’ers we take deir legacy,
An’ pledge ourselves to Sapphique an’ de sea. 

Mireille, our precious obsidian be,
An’ Sobo our Jade, we welcome ye,
An our Mot’ers we now proclaim to be,
De nyew rank of honour an’ respect: Ruby.

So it shall be, from dis day forward, 
We pledge ourselves to dis-
Sapphique toujours!”

And with all the others, she contributed her own melodious voice in their celebratory howl.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Messages In This Thread
again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Erzulie - August 12, 2022, 11:17 AM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Gunnar - August 12, 2022, 12:05 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Chacal - August 12, 2022, 03:06 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Loko - August 12, 2022, 05:08 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Val - August 12, 2022, 05:11 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Jorunn - August 12, 2022, 05:19 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Theo - August 12, 2022, 06:54 PM
RE: again love, the limb-loosener, rattles me - by Sobo - August 16, 2022, 03:25 PM